NEWS ON THE WEB
- BA signs pension deal with unions. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;3/26/2010, Issue 2906, p16
The article reports on a deal signed by British Airways PLC with the British Airline Pilots' Association, GMB Corp. and Unite unions to reduce the deficit in its pension schemes.
- BA man seeks new Pop I-dole. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;3/4/2002, Issue 2503, p24
Talks about Flop Idle, the scheme proposed in British Airways PLC, wherein employees would vote 'Pop Idol'-style on who to make redundant. Price of phone votes; Reason for the proposed scheme.
- IN BRIEF. // Personnel Today;2/14/2006, p3
The article offers news briefs related to personnel management in various sectors in Great Britain. Public sector union Unison has called a meeting with police officials to raise concerns about the proposed mergers of forces across England and Wales. British Airways PLC pilots are being advised...
- BA defends closure of its final salary scheme. Reade, Quentin // Personnel Today;5/28/2002, p8
Reports the defense made by British Airways PLC on the closure of its pension salary scheme to employees in Great Britain. Change of the pension from defined benefit salary to defined contribution scheme; Pre-tax losses reported by the company; Concern of the union with the cadet entry pilots.
- BA pays the price for its air of indifference. Hutton, Will // Personnel Today;8/5/2003, p13
The unofficial walkout of British Airways PLC (BA) ground service staff at Heathrow, England with all its attendant damage was a salutary warning to the airline industry and everybody beyond. Had BA management had the slightest hint that the enforced introduction of swipe cards would lead to...
- Employee relations. // People Management;6/11/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p11
Presents news briefs on employee relations. Information about a study on employee involvement in total quality management; Launching of British Airways' support line for employees; Findings of a survey conducted by the Employment Service.
- NEWS FROM THE WEB. // People Management;7/1/2010, p10
This section offers news briefs on human resources (HR) including the lack of sleep by workers according to a Travelodge survey, the selection of Anne Minto as non-executive director and chair of the remuneration committee at pharmaceuticals company Shire, and the agreement reached between...
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // People Management;7/27/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 15, p13
The article presents updates on personnel management. The South Korean government will raise the amount that subscribers must contribute to the country's national pension fund from 2010 to help combat mounting deficits, declining birth rates and an aging population. The minimum wage in Shenzhen,...
- WORLD BRIEFS. // Pensions & Investments;3/19/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p16
Presents global developments on mutual funds. Details on the production of the median return of pension plans in Great Britain; Creation of a securities and funds processing joint venture between SEI Investments and VermogensGroep in Amsterdam, Netherlands; Appeal of British Airways Pension...