Pensions are 'stock-market gamble.'
- The price of certainty. Pearson, Mark // Money Marketing;12/13/2012, p32
The author discusses the auto-enrollment of employees into workplace pension programs in Great Britain. He mentions how many workers' retirement aspirations are dependent on savings in defined contribution (DC) schemes. The British Financial Services Authority's (FSA) pronouncement regarding...
- More employers look to defined contribution options. Webb, Jennifer // Managed Healthcare Executive;Sep2002, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p12
Discusses the increase in the number of employers with defined contribution accounts in the U.S. Health reimbursement arrangements under the Internal Revenue System ruling; Advantage of the defined contribution program.
- A Defined Contribution Model For Healthcare. Bergsman, Steve // Treasury & Risk Management;Oct2000, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p47
Discusses how defined contribution healthcare plans will shift the administrative burden from employers to employees in the United States. Xerox Corp.'s adoption of a defined contribution format; Employers and employees' dissatisfaction with care quality. INSETS: What Must Happen First;An...
- From the Novice to the Sophisticate. Moore, Howard L. // Global Finance;May99, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p73
Discusses plan sponsors' shift from brand-name funds to institutional plans and commingled funds. Factors that cause the shift; Internet use to disseminate information.
- Govt considers DC 'quality thresholds' for auto-enrol. Selby, Tom // Money Marketing;1/31/2013, p24
The article reports that the British government is considering whether to introduce quality thresholds for auto-enroll defined contribution (DC) pension schemes.
- Don't be bullied into dubious pension scheme transfers. Sharpe, Geoff // Money Marketing;11/6/2014, Issue 1460, p46
The author explains that he will never do transfers from denned benefit to defined contribution schemes for insistent financial advise clients.
- Japanese DC system won't look like America. Clowes, Michael J. // Pensions & Investments;6/28/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p10
Editorial. Focuses on the emergence of defined contribution plans in Japan. Differentiation with defined contribution plans in the United States; Interest of Japanese executives.
- Participant Transfer Activity Low in April. // Plan Sponsor News;2013, p170
The article reveals that defined contribution plan participants' daily transfer volumes have declined from January to April 2013 by 0.024 percent of balance per day.
- BY THE NUMBERS: Retirement plan participants display social-media savvy. // Employee Benefit News;Nov2013, Vol. 27 Issue 14, p50
Statistics are presented on the results of a survey of 2,081 workers eligible for their employer-sponsored defined contribution plan.
- Older DC Participants Using Social Media Too. Miselis, Matthew // Plan Sponsor News;2014, p54
The article reports on the study conducted by Spectrum Group which reveals defined contribution (DC) retirement plan participants of all age groups are using social media to obtain financial information and advices.