Pensions are 'stock-market gamble.'
- The price of certainty. Pearson, Mark // Money Marketing;12/13/2012, p32
The author discusses the auto-enrollment of employees into workplace pension programs in Great Britain. He mentions how many workers' retirement aspirations are dependent on savings in defined contribution (DC) schemes. The British Financial Services Authority's (FSA) pronouncement regarding...
- More employers look to defined contribution options. Webb, Jennifer // Managed Healthcare Executive;Sep2002, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p12
Discusses the increase in the number of employers with defined contribution accounts in the U.S. Health reimbursement arrangements under the Internal Revenue System ruling; Advantage of the defined contribution program.
- From the Novice to the Sophisticate. Moore, Howard L. // Global Finance;May99, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p73
Discusses plan sponsors' shift from brand-name funds to institutional plans and commingled funds. Factors that cause the shift; Internet use to disseminate information.
- Govt considers DC 'quality thresholds' for auto-enrol. Selby, Tom // Money Marketing;1/31/2013, p24
The article reports that the British government is considering whether to introduce quality thresholds for auto-enroll defined contribution (DC) pension schemes.
- Participant Transfer Activity Low in April. // Plan Sponsor News;2013, p170
The article reveals that defined contribution plan participants' daily transfer volumes have declined from January to April 2013 by 0.024 percent of balance per day.
- Don't be bullied into dubious pension scheme transfers. Sharpe, Geoff // Money Marketing;11/6/2014, Issue 1460, p46
The author explains that he will never do transfers from denned benefit to defined contribution schemes for insistent financial advise clients.
- A Defined Contribution Model For Healthcare. Bergsman, Steve // Treasury & Risk Management;Oct2000, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p47
Discusses how defined contribution healthcare plans will shift the administrative burden from employers to employees in the United States. Xerox Corp.'s adoption of a defined contribution format; Employers and employees' dissatisfaction with care quality. INSETS: What Must Happen First;An...
- Economic Implications of Defined Contribution Health Plans. Ford, Eric W. // Business Economics;Jan2002, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p38
Discusses the economic implications of defined contribution health plans. Trends in employer-based healthcare benefits; Emergence of defined contribution health plans; Effect of defined contribution health plans on employee healthcare consumption patterns.
- Defined Contribution Benefit Buzz Building. Piontek, Stephen // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;11/27/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 48, p15
Focuses on defined contribution options for employee health benefits in the United States. Reasons for the idea behind defined contribution; Benefits of defined contribution; Factors enabling the consideration of these plans.
- No hue and cry from participants for public sector DC plans. Greene, Andrew // Employee Benefit News;Jul2000, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p43
Deals with the move of states and municipalities in the United States of adding defined contribution (DC) plans to their retirement programs. Reasons behind the move; DC plan of Florida; Benefits of DC plans.