The Effects of Masseter Tendon Vibration on Nonspeech Oral Movements and Vowel Gestures
- Afferent sensory mechanisms involved in jaw gape-related muscle activation in unilateral biting. Morneburg, Thomas; Döhla, Sebastian; Wichmann, Manfred; Pröschel, Peter // Clinical Oral Investigations;Apr2014, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p883
Objectives: In unilateral biting or chewing, the working/balancing-side ratio (W/B-ratio) of masseter activities is inversely proportional to the jaw gape which was interpreted as a neuromuscular strategy to protect occlusion. This suggests that jaw separation is afferently perceived, raising...
- Spatiotemporal Profiles of Proprioception Processed by the Masseter Muscle Spindles in Rat Cerebral Cortex: An Optical Imaging Study. Satoshi Fujita; Mari Kaneko; Hiroko Nakamura; Masayuki Kobayashi; Panagiotaropoulos, Theofanis; Yamamura, Kensuke // Frontiers in Neural Circuits;1/30/2017, Vol. 11, p1
Muscle spindles in the jaw-closing muscles, which are innervated by trigeminal mesencephalic neurons (MesV neurons), control the strength of occlusion and the position of the mandible. The mechanisms underlying cortical processing of proprioceptive information are critical to understanding how...
- Jaw-opening accuracy is not affected by masseter muscle vibration in healthy men. Wiesinger, B.; Häggman-Henrikson, B.; Wänman, A.; Lindkvist, M.; Hellström, F. // Experimental Brain Research;Nov2014, Vol. 232 Issue 11, p3501
There is a functional integration between the jaw and neck regions with head extension-flexion movements during jaw-opening/closing tasks. We recently reported that trigeminal nociceptive input by injection of hypertonic saline into the masseter muscle altered this integrated jaw-neck function...
- Macaque Masseter Muscle: Internal Architecture, Fiber Length and Cross-Sectional Area. Ant�n, S. C. // International Journal of Primatology;Jun99, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p441
Models of mastication require knowledge of fiber lengths and physiological cross-sectional area (PCS): a proxy for muscle force. Yet only a small number of macaques of various species, ages, and sexes inform the previous standards for masseter muscle architecture. I dissected 36 masseters from...
- risorius. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2046
A definition of the term "risorius" which refers to the muscular fibrous band arising over the masseter muscle and inserted into the tissues at the corner of the mouth is presented.
- ELECTROMYOGRAPHIC ANALYSIS OF THE TEMPORAL, MASSETER AND SUPRA-HIOIDS MUSCLES IN PERSONS WHIT DOWN'S SYNDROME. // Brazilian Journal of Oral Sciences;2010, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p153
An abstract of the article "Electromyographic Analysis of the Temporal, Masseter and Supra-Hioids Muscles in Persons Whit Down's Syndrome," by A. Esteves, F. BÃ©rzin, W. C. Rossi Jr and colleagues is presented.
- MEDIAN FREQUENCY AND SIGNAL NORMALIZATION: ELECTROMYOGRAPHIC SIGNAL ANALYSIS OF MASSETER MUSCLE IN FEMALE. // Brazilian Journal of Oral Sciences;2010, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p166
An abstract of the article "Median Frequency and Signal Normalization: Electromyographic Signal Analysis of Masseter Muscle in Female," by J. H. P. Oliveira, K. J. R. Moraes, M. M. Filho, N. S. Lima, J. B. Oliveira, and H. J. Silva is presented.
- EVALUATION OF ELECTRICAL ACTIVITY OF MASSETER MUSCLE DURING DEGLUTITION: PROPOSAL OF PROTOCOL. // Brazilian Journal of Oral Sciences;2010, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p230
An abstract of the article "Evaluation of Electrical Activity of Masseter Muscle During Deglutition: Proposal of Proposal," by L. A. Premambuco, S. F. R. Ferreira and M. C. R. Freitas is presented.
- Torques Produced by Different Compartments of the Rabbit Masseter Muscle. English, Arthur W.; Carraso, Dario L.; Widner, Charles G. // Journal of Applied Biomechanics;Nov1999, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p348
Evaluates the mechanical properties of different neuromuscular compartments of the adult rabbit masseter muscles. Verification of single compartment stimulation using simultaneous multichannel electromyographic recordings; Measurement of evoked reaction forces using multi-axis force-moment...