Control of Vocal Loudness in Young and Old Adults
- Book browsing. // Music Educators Journal;Dec90, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p53
Reviews the book `Voices of the Jazz Age: Profiles of Eight Vintage Jazzmen,' by Chip Deffaa.
- VOICE QUALITY. Palmore, Erdman B.; Branch, Laurence; Harris, Diana K. // Encyclopedia of Ageism;2005, p340
An encyclopedia entry for voice quality in relation to aging is presented. Several changes in voice qualities are related to aging. Aging contributes to the decline in the effectiveness of the larynx as a sound generator. Ageism emerges when the sound of the voice of an older person triggers...
- Why do our voices change as we age? Skelcy, Donna // Discover;Oct2005, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p10
Explores the factors which affect the voice quality of a person. Association of aging with voice resonance; Differences in age-related voice changes between men and women.
- EFFECTS OF AGE, SEX, AND DISORDER ON VOICE RANGE PROFILE CHARACTERISTICS OF 230 CHILDREN. Wuyts, Floris L.; Heylen, Louis; Rooman, Raoul; Mertens, Fons; Van de Heyning, Paul H.; Du Caju, Marc; De Bodt, Marc // Annals of Otology, Rhinology & Laryngology;Jun2003, Vol. 112 Issue 6, p540
In this study, the effect of age, sex, and disorder on the vocal performance of 230 children 6 to 11 years of age was investigated by means of the voice range profile (VRP). Ninety-four control children and 136 children with disorders were studied. The VRPs were quantitatively described by...
- PRICE CHECK. // Music Week;5/11/2012, Issue 19, p21
The article lists the prices of "Generation Freakshow," by Feeder and "Voice of Ages," by Chieftains.
- ANÃLISE ACÃšSTICA DA VOZ DE MULHERES IDOSAS. Cerceau, Janaína da Silva Berto; Alves, Claudia Fernanda Tolentino; Gama, Ana Cristina Côrtes // Revista CEFAC;2009, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p142
Purpose: to analyze acoustic measures in elderly women's voices. Methods: ninth six elderly women, with ages between 60 and 103-year old, were recruited and separated in tree groups according to their ages. Results: the values of fundamental frequency were 193. 81 Hz (Group 1), 195.71 (Group 2)...
- CARE OF THE PROFESSIONAL VOICE. Life and Death. Sataloff, Robert T. // Journal of Singing;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p445
The article reviews the author's thoughts on the topic of longevity to provide an overview for singing teachers. It cites Aubrey de Grey PhD who developed Strategies for Engineered and Negligible Senescence (SENS) and divided aging into 7 components that include cell loss, apoptosis resistance...
- Changing voice with age. // Mayo Clinic Health Letter;Oct2015, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p1
The article focuses on age-related voice change problems or presbyphonia in older adults. It is noted that age-related voice change problems are present in about 10 to 30% of older adults with no identifiable disease as the cause. It is stated that a number of changes may cause voice to become...
- Practicing `the glib and oily art': Some advice to academic editors. Donow, Herbert S. // Gerontologist;Dec93, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p816
Reviews the books `Handbook of the Humanities and Aging,' edited by Thomas R. Cole, David D. Van Tassel and Robert Kastenbaum, `Literature and Aging: An Anthology,' edited by Martin Kohn, Carol Donley, and Delese Wear, and `Voices and Visions of Aging: Toward a Critical Gerontology,' edited by...