An Evaluation of the Effects of Two Treatment Approaches for Teachers With Voice Disorders: A Prospective Randomized Clinical Trial
- EFEITO DA VELOPLASTIA INTRAVELAR SOBRE A NASALIDADE EM INDIVÃDUOS COM INSUFICIÃŠNCIA VELOFARÃNGEA. Yamashita, Renata Paciello; Carvalho, Ester Luisa Leite; Fukushiro, Ana Paula; Zorzetto, Neivo Luiz; Trindade, Inge Elly Kiemle // Revista CEFAC;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p603
Purpose: to check the effect of secondary palatoplasty performed with intravelar veloplasty on the nasality and nasalance of patients with repaired cleft palate and velopharyngeal insufficiency (VPI) and compare the outcome among these patients, according to the degree of velopharyngeal closure...
- INFLUÃŠNCIA DO TIPO DE TRANSDUTOR NO MASCARAMENTO EM DEFICIÃŠNCIA AUDITIVA CONDUTIVA E MISTA BILATERAL. Oshiro, Lívia Tamie; Silveira, Marcela Rosana Maia da; Gil, Daniela // Revista CEFAC;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p635
Purpose: this study aimed at examining the influence of transducer's type in the amount of masking needed to obtain air and bone conducted thresholds in subjects with conductive and mixed hearing losses. Method: 16 patients with symmetric bilateral conductive hearing deficiency or mixed hearing...
- ALTERAÃ‡Ã•ES VOCAIS E CUIDADOS DE SAÃšDE ENTRE PROFESSORAS. Medeiros, Adriane Mesquita de; Assunção, Ada Ávila; Barreto, Sandhi Maria // Revista CEFAC;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p697
Purpose: to know factors associated with seeking vocal assistance among teachers. Method: 1,980 day-shift female teachers of 76 primary schools took part in the study. Data were collected between May 2004 and July 2005 using a questionnaire. The dependent variable referred to the question "In...
- ADESÃƒO A ORIENTAÃ‡Ã•ES FONOAUDIOLÃ“GICAS APÃ“S A ALTA DO TRATAMENTO VOCAL EM DOCENTES: ESTUDO PROSPECTIVO. Gama, Ana Cristina Côrtes; Bicalho, Viviane Souza; Amanda Freitas Valentim; Bassi, Iara Barreto; Teixeira, Letícia Caldas; Assunção, Ada Ávila // Revista CEFAC;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p714
Purpose: to investigate the adherence to voice therapy guidelines of teachers in municipal schools that were treated at the Voice Clinic of Hospital das ClÃnicas, Federal University of Minas Gerais, and that were discharged from voice therapy. Method: 39 patients treated at the Voice Clinic...
- Applying research. Verdolini, Katherine // ASHA;Winter97, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p34
Assesses the effectiveness of voice disorder treatment with Lee Silverman Voice Treatment (LSVT). Jerry as a photographer who has impaired speech due to sclerosis; Developments on Jerry's treatment; Improvement on intelligibility; Encouragement to do home exercises during treatment.
- Errata. // Classical Singer;Feb2013, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p10
Two Corrections to the articles "Stroke and Voice Therapy: One Singer's Personal Journey" in the December 2012 issue and "An Early Start" in the October 2012 issue are presented.
- Treatment efficacy: Voice disorders. Ramig, Lorraine Olson; Verdolini, Katherine // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Feb1998, Vol. 41 Issue 1, pS101
Addresses the efficacy of treatment for voice disorders. Definition of voice disorders; Causes of voice disorders; Effect of voice disorder on the individual and family in terms of daily-life activities; Role of the speech-language pathologist in managing individuals with voice disorders.
- Telehealth: Voice Therapy Using Telecommunications Technology. Mashima, Pauline A.; Birkmire-Peters, Deborah P.; Syms, Mark J.; Holtel, Michael R.; Burgess, Lawrence P.A.; Peters, Leslie J. // American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology;Nov2003, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p432
Studies voice therapy using telecommunications technology. Epidemiology of speech, voice or language disorder in the U.S.; Problem of accessibility to speech-language pathology services.
- Clinical Evaluation and Treatment of Vocal Disorders. Kereiakes, Thomas J. // Language, Speech & Hearing Services in Schools;Jul96, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p240
Focuses on the clinical evaluation and treatment of vocal disorders. Identification of factors aggravating the condition or worsening the vocal quality; Technological advances in treating laryngeal pathology; Physical examination.