Video Surveillance Goes Beyond the Show Floor
- Case study: An integrator's challenge. Colombo, Allan B. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct97, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p73
Focuses on the problems encountered by integrators in installing integrated security systems. Problems in the design of integrated systems; Incompatibility of the manufacturers listed in the specification on the system; Technical complexity of integrated systems; Partial integration.
- Easy Touchup for Installers. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2001, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p45
Presents ways to touchup scratches in installing security systems in the United States. Occurrence of scratches; Advice on fixing the scratches; Use of a wax furniture crayon for the scratches.
- Businesses on Sprague hope cameras cut crime. Burke, Anita // Journal of Business (10756124);02/22/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 5, pA8
Reports the plan of East Spokane Business Group to install security cameras on East Sprague Avenue in Washington. Purpose of the planned installation; Description and components of the camera; Role of law enforcers on the plan.
- Meeting the Guard Tour Challenge. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul2000, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p64
Focuses on the advantages of installing a Protrac Security System at the Hawaii Convention Center in Honolulu, Hawaii. Goal of securing the safety of attendees to the American Dental Association's annual convention; Tool for regulating security tours.
- Motorola system monitors high school. // Mobile Radio Technology;Aug2001, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p58
Reports the installation of integrated digital video systems by Motorola Multiservice Networks Division in Mansfield, Massachusetts. Features of the device; Use of device to monitor student activities of a Massachusetts High School.
- Untitled. // Building Design;10/25/2002, Issue 1553, p3
Announces the completion of the technological installations by Pringle Brandon at EDF Trading in London, England. Use of light emitting diodes in the installation process; Installation of a ceiling-mounted sensors.
- FIBER OPTICS: HOW TO INSTALL CONNECTORS. Engebretson, David J. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2003, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p50
Advises security professionals on how to install fiber optic connectors. Use of the fiber optic connector to connect and disconnect an optical fiber link without the use of any special tools; Description of typical connector styles, namely ST and SC connectors; Description of three methods for...
- Revisiting The RJ31X Jack. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb2001, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p42
Responds to an inquiry concerning the installation of RJ31X jack in the United States. Activation of alarm panel disconnecting the inside telephones; Provision of connection for the telephone line to the alarm equipment; Method to ensure the connection integrity between the alarm panel and the...
- CELEBRATING 3 DECADES OF KINKS & HINTS. Stepanek, Laura // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;May2002, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p64
Presents archival tips on the installation and services of electronic security systems in the U.S. Tips for troubleshooting; Codes for transmitters; Installment of dummy telephone drops.