Security Improvements Aren't Keeping Pace with Breaches
- PROJECTS in the News. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2013, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p122
The article presents news briefs from the security systems industry. The Pittsboro Police Department (PPD) has deployed Avigilon Corp.'s high-definition surveillance system to monitor key areas across town. Radnor Township School District improved district security with the installation of video...
- School's Out, Security's In. Stepanek, Laura E. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;May2005, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p8
Discusses efforts by schools to improve and maintain their security systems during the summer vacation. Maintenance of school security by school districts; Use of basic security systems, such as locks and burglar alarms; Need to prevent school shooting tragedies; Use of ID badges, card readers...
- Assignment: Monitoring People. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Nov2007, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p84
The article focuses on the web-based Brivo access control system installed at the Appletree School in Fairfax, Virginia to heighten the school's security. It relates that the school decided to install the system to address security issues concerning the school's proximity to people wandering off...
- IACLEA Continues Partnership & New Scholarships With Stanley Security. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2016, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p52
The article reports on the announcement of International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA) of the commitment of security systems provider STANLEY Security to support its association programs in 2016, including new executive development scholarship opportunities.
- Security Officers Today Differ From Your Grandfather's Officers. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar1999, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p77
Describes the characteristics of modern security officers. Responsibilities; Pro-active management; Billing rates; Outsourcing trends.
- Focus on Verticals. Stepanek, Laura E. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2007, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p13
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including the article titled "Vertical Market Leaders" and another on the corporate profiles of leaders in healthcare, retail, and property management.
- Imperial Beach: $21K to Help City Protect, Serve. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;8/13/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 33, p13
The article reports on the move by the City Council of San Diego, to spend $21,300 on three computer file servers. The contract is with CDW Government Inc., based in Vernon Hills, Illinois. Moreover, the servers are said to replace a 6-year-old server at the City Hall and a 5-year-old server in...
- DISCIPLINE, SAFETY, AND SECURITY MEASURES. // Indicators of School Crime & Safety: 2006;2006, p55
The article provides updates on the percentage of public schools who took disciplinary, safety and security measures during the school year 2003-2004. Report shows that 46% of public schools took a serious disciplinary action against a student for specific offenses such as suspensions and...
- Progress with the Process. Scherer, Matt // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Aug2007, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p50
The article discusses the security management system of Baylor School in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Due to the concerns raised by parents and students regarding its security program, the management of Baylor contracts the service of Global Systems Solutions (GSS) to upgrade the security system of...