Guns on College Campuses?
- 9 mm is faster than 9-1-1. Prellwitz, John // UWM Post (Milwaukee, WI);9/19/2011, p17
In this article, the author argues that permitting concealed weapons in campus in Wisconsin will create safer environment.
- Can YOU carry a concealed weapon in Wyoming? A guide. // High Country News;7/25/2011, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p3
The article focuses on a legal issue about the permission to carry concealed deadly weapons in Wyoming.
- Maintenance and security at Wartburg College. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;11/20/2012, p3
The article reports on the overview provided by Wartburg College in Waverly, Iowa of the maintenance and security services offered to students living on campus.
- Bryant College. Bettinger, Peter // 21st Century;Nov1999, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p32
The article presents information about Bryant College in Smithfield, Rhode Island. According to the author, the college is focused on safety and providing security to its students. Facilities of the college include the Edith M. Hodgson Memorial Library and the Koffler Technology Center. There...
- N.C. cities say 'no' to new gun legislation. Carson, Stephanie Carroll // Charlotte Post;12/22/2011, Vol. 37 Issue 15, p2A
The article reports that at least 19 municipalities in North Carolina passed their own, more restrictive laws, as a new state law, effective December 1, 2011 allowed people with proper permits to carry certain types of concealed weapons at public parks, highway rest stops, and on waterways.
- ZAKAZ SPRZEDAÅ»Y I POSIADANIA NOÅ»Y W KRAJACH UNII EUROPEJSKIEJ. MRÓZ, MARCIN // Analizy BAS;4/29/2011, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p1
This article provides an overview of knife legislation in selected member states of the European Union. Virtually in all these countries there are laws or regulations forbidding carrying knives in some places or in particular circumstances. However, some of these countries imposed also general...
- Observe, Report, Serve, Protect, Enforce, Apprehend - Or All of These? Hatley, Ralph // Student Affairs Leader;2/1/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p1
This article discusses the role of campus protective gencies in protecting students from outside and inside threats. There had been changes in the mission of campus protective agencies. Historically, these agencies serve and protect students but do not enforce or apprehend violators. Schools...
- Interpretation of Predicament and Its Cause of China Campus Security Legislation. FANG Xiangrong; ZHANG Jichang // Studies in Sociology of Science;Mar2014, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p38
Chinese campus accidents have occurred frequently in recent years with more serious nature and wider scope. The lack of legislation makes it difficult to deal with the campus injury accidents in the judicial practice. In order to protect the legitimate rights and interests of students and...
- Gun-on-Campus Bill Fizzles in Okla. Senate. // Community College Week;4/21/2008, Vol. 20 Issue 16, p15
The article reports that the Oklahoma Senate leaders have agreed not to hear the campus gun bill in 2008. Such bill, when approved, will enable military veterans and those with firearms training to bring concealed handguns in college campuses. According to Senator Johnnie Crutchfield, the bill...