University to Try 'Bait Bikes'
- Filling the gap with vehicle locating and tracking. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May98, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p51
Focuses on the United States Federal government's Global Positioning Satellites system that allows vehicle tracking and location. Advantages of the system; Features; Microsoft operating systems that are compatible with the system. INSET: Top ten auto theft areas..
- Bait Bike. Ritchey, Diane // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jan2016, p10
An interview with Maureen Rush, vice president of public safety at the University of Pennsylvania as of January 2016, is presented. Rush discusses the bait bike program to address the problem of bicycle theft in the campus. She says that the program includes placing a global positioning system...
- ride share. Strickland, Bill // Bicycling;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p68
This article discusses the use of global positioning system (GPS) units that can be used with bicycles.
- Sydney bike touring. // Travel Daily;6/29/2015, p3
The article reports on the availability of the global positioning system (GPS)-guided audio bicycle explorations for the Sydney CBD & Manly Beach through Sydney Bike Tours in 2015.
- How to Thwart Bicycle Thieves. Borel, Brooke // Popular Science;Sep2012, Vol. 281 Issue 3, p16
The article presents information for several bicycle anti-theft accessories, including the TiGr titanium and stainless steel lock, the Blink/Steady bike light, and the SpyBike TopCap Global Positioning System (GPS) bicycle tracker.
- Car thieves fitted with GPS tracking devices. // Canadian Underwriter;May2007, Vol. 74 Issue 5, p8
The article reports that a number of car thieves in Manitoba will be fitted with Global Positioning System (GPS) tracking devices in fall 2007 as part of a one-year pilot project to fight automobile theft. Under the project, the highest-risk repeat offenders will wear location-monitoring devices...
- Navigation Assistance: A Trade-Off Between Wayfinding Support and Configural Learning Support. M�nzer, Stefan; Zimmer, Hubert D.; Baus, Jorg // Journal of Experimental Psychology. Applied;Mar2012, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p18
Current GPS-based mobile navigation assistance systems support wayfinding, but they do not support learning about the spatial configuration of an environment. The present study examined effects of visual presentation modes for navigation assistance on wayfinding accuracy, route learning, and...
- Take a bike out of crime. Langley, J.; Furman, M. // Bicycling;Apr90, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p178
Presents a buyer's guide to security devices for bicycles. Tips on how to select and use a security device plus a list of common features and a chart detailing 62 models.
- Ripped off! Martin, Scott // Bicycling;Aug94, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p40
Looks at what happened when a bicycle thief tried to break nine locks chosen by `Bicycling' magazine. Failure to break the Kryptonite Evolution 2000 U-lock; What happened with 3/8-inch thick cable and hardened Master padlock; Inability to break the ICS U-lock with 2 Bad Bones strips; Which lock...