Report: School Crime Disrupts Learning Environment
- As Students Return, Focus Is on Security. Richard, Alan // Education Week;09/08/99, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p1
Deals with school safety and security in the United States (US). Findings of the US Department of Education's study on school violence; Security measures taken by the Columbine High School; Important element in any school safety plan.
- Survey: School Violence is Down, Security is Up. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2012, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p20
The article reports on the result of a survey by the National Center for Education Statistics that shows a decline in school violence but rise in security problems in the U.S.
- THE GROUNDWORK FOR SAFETY. Nilsson, Fredrik // American School & University;Jul2002, Vol. 74 Issue 11, p26
Reveals that school violence will occur when students are congregated and under less supervision according to studies by the U.S. Department of Education. Number of students in 1999 who avoided areas in school out of fear for their own safety according to the National Center for Education...
- CONVIVENCIA INCLUSIVA Y DEMOCRÃTICA. UNA PERSPECTIVA PARA GESTIONAR LA SEGURIDAD ESCOLAR. Fierro Evans, María Cecilia // SinÃ©ctica;jan-jun2013, Issue 40, p1
No abstract available.
- School Security Rising. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2012, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p20
The article reports on the findings the survey by the National Center for Education Statistics that shows a rise in the school security crimes in the U.S.
- Calif. Educators Take Stock of Efforts To Ensure Schools Are Safe, Secure. Lawton, Millicent // Education Week;3/27/1991, Vol. 10 Issue 27, p1
The article focuses on the efforts of educators in California taken to ensure safety and security in schools. The Los Angeles County Office of Education's 15th annual "Safe, Secure, and Peaceful Schools" in-service conference in Downey was recently conducted that marked the first large-scale...
- STAYING VIGILANT. Kennedy, Mike // American School & University;Sep2003, Vol. 76 Issue 1, pSS 8
Deals with the importance of some intervention programs in elevating security and prevention of violence in schools in the U.S. Assessment and identification of potentially troubled students and addressing their problems; Steps for creating a safe school environment; Significance of equipment,...
- Keeping Campuses Safe. KENNEDY, MIKE // American School & University;Feb2015, Vol. 87 Issue 6, p20
The article focuses on the importance of planning and use of technologies to improve security in schools and universities. Topics discussed include responsibility of education institutions to protect students and staffs from violence in school campuses, shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School...
- TEACHER ATTRITION. SAWCHUK, STEPHEN // Education Week;9/28/2011, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p5
The article discusses teacher attrition rates after one year of teaching with data relating to attrition statistics of teachers who were mentored, adapted from a study by the U.S. Department of Education's National Center for Education Statistics entitled "Beginning Teacher Longitudinal Study."