Plan to Spin Off Zurich Re Prompts Moody's Revision
- Moody's Cautious on Bond Insurers; S&P Downgrades a Radian Unit. // National Mortgage News;10/28/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p6
Reports the concerns of Moody's Investors Service over the rating outlook for companies providing reinsurance to primary bond insurers in New York. Information on Moody's rated monoline reinsurers; Reflection of downgrade on change in business strategy at Radian; Decision of Standard & Poor's...
- Moody's Investors Service refines bond rating symbol. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;6/23/97, Vol. 101 Issue 25, p37
Reports that Moody's Investors Services has refined its bond rating symbol `Caa' category to include numerical modifiers. Numerals to be used; Trends which this decision reflects.
- UnumProvident Protests Lowered Moody's Investor Service Ratings. // Insurance Advocate;12/16/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 47, p16
Reports the decision of Moody's Investors Service Inc. to lower the service ratings of UnumProvident Corp. in the U.S. Protest of UnumProvident against the ratings; Efforts of UnumProvident to maintain a strong capital position; Operating income generated by the company.
- Moody's Considers Chubb Downgrade. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;02/07/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 6, p20
Reports that Moody's Investors Service has placed the senior debt and insurer financial strength rating of The Chubb Corp. on review for possible downgrade in 2000. Current ratings for the senior debt; Stresses affecting Chubb.
- Capital re AAA rating downgrade raises eyebrows but not concerns. // Business Insurance;03/15/99, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p1
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. downgraded its financial strength rating for insurance company Capital Reinsurance Co. Overview on the factors behind Moody's Investors' decision to downgrade Capital Reinsurance's financial strength rating.
- Reinsurer under review. // Business Insurance;04/19/99, Vol. 33 Issue 16, p39
Reports on rating agency Moody's Investors Service's review of reinsurance company Enhance Reinsurance Co.'s financial strength rating. Reasons for the rating review; Prospects for downgrading of the rating.
- Outlooks Diverge for Allianz, Great-West . // American Banker;9/3/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 168, p8
Reports that Standard and Poor's Corp. (S&P) has given AA-minus counterparty credit and financial strength ratings to Fireman's Fund Insurance Co. and its related entities while Moody's Investors Service Inc. has upgraded the outlook for Aa2-rated Great-West Life Assurance Co. of Canada and two...
- Conseco Bosses Quit as Ratings Drop From Sale Announcement. Jones, Chuck // Advisor Today;Jun2000, Vol. 95 Issue 6, p40
Deals with the insurance rating downgrade of insurance company Conseco in line with executive resignations at the company. Reasons Conseco decided to sell its lending unit Conseco Finance; Resignation of its Chief Executive Officer and Chairman Stephen Hilbert; Chief financial officer of Conseco...
- Royal & Sun Alliance Under Review By Moody's; Possible Downgrade Based On Capital. // Insurance Advocate;4/28/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 16, p34
Reports on the efforts of Moody's Investors Service to review the possible downgrade of the ratings of Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Group in London, England. Examination of the capital position of the company; Assessment of the high combined ration; Consideration of large goodwill impairment...