Study Shows Speedy Prepayment Trend Continues in Sunbelt States
- San Francisco plans 3 deals worth $147M. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;04/27/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30628, p2
Reports that San Francisco, California plans to raise $147 million in three municipal bond deals between May and June, 1999 for housing and other purposes.
- West Virginia Housing Fund Considers Another Sale in 2001. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;05/31/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31150, p40
Reports on the West Virginia Housing Development Fund's plan to competitive issue revenue bonds in summer 2001. Amount of bonds to be issued; Plans to offer loans to families to purchase homes at lower interest rates.
- Texas Votes on Billions of Debt for Veterans, Schools and Universities. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/3/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33210, p8
The article reports on Texas voters who will decide whether to issue two billion dollars of bonds for veteran housing and the creation of top-tier schools and universities in Texas. Propositions include the issuance of bonds to buy open spaces near military bases, new requirements to property...
- Getting Radical in Chicago. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/20/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31164, p1
Reports on the Chicago Housing Authority board's approval of the sale of bonds backed solely federal housing grants to help finance its 10-year renovation program. Pricing of the deal; Total amount of the renovation program; Amount of bonds to be issued.
- Housing led by far in '99, Merrill says. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;01/19/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30810, p1
Reports on a Merrill Lynch & Co. study which found that housing bonds had the best total return in the United States municipal market in 1999. Performance of the total return index for single-family housing; Growing pressure to expand issuance; Complaints about the way the state housing finance...
- Iowa Hopes Bonds Will Boost Home Ownership, Revitalize Neighborhoods. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/22/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31166, p3
Reports on the Iowa Finance Authority's launch of a bond-financed low- and middle-income housing initiative aimed at revitalizing the state's blighted areas. Plans to increase the financial assistance for home ownership; Authority's desire to increase the total amount of money provided as...
- Muni Yields Up 3 to 5 Basis Points; $495M of Conn. HFA Bonds Price. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31685, p2
Reports on the repricing of Connecticut Housing Finance Authority mortgage finance program bonds. Rise in yield from municipal bonds; Decline in unemployment claims for the week ended July 19, 2003;
- Hawaii. Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;08/08/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30205, p28
Reports that Hawaii's Housing and Finance Development Corp. has sold $162 million of revenue bonds to finance the state's Hula Mae mortgage program.
- Massachusetts HIM Takes Submissions to Update Underwriting Pool. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;12/21/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33436, p3
The article reports on the initiative of the Massachusetts Housing Finance Agency (HFA) to update its pool of underwriters to work on single and multiple bond transactions.