Study Shows Speedy Prepayment Trend Continues in Sunbelt States
- San Francisco plans 3 deals worth $147M. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;04/27/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30628, p2
Reports that San Francisco, California plans to raise $147 million in three municipal bond deals between May and June, 1999 for housing and other purposes.
- West Virginia Housing Fund Considers Another Sale in 2001. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;05/31/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31150, p40
Reports on the West Virginia Housing Development Fund's plan to competitive issue revenue bonds in summer 2001. Amount of bonds to be issued; Plans to offer loans to families to purchase homes at lower interest rates.
- Texas Votes on Billions of Debt for Veterans, Schools and Universities. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/3/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33210, p8
The article reports on Texas voters who will decide whether to issue two billion dollars of bonds for veteran housing and the creation of top-tier schools and universities in Texas. Propositions include the issuance of bonds to buy open spaces near military bases, new requirements to property...
- Getting Radical in Chicago. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/20/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31164, p1
Reports on the Chicago Housing Authority board's approval of the sale of bonds backed solely federal housing grants to help finance its 10-year renovation program. Pricing of the deal; Total amount of the renovation program; Amount of bonds to be issued.
- Housing-Credit Competition Kick-Starts Multifamily Market. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/12/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30745, p5
Reports on the increase in the use of tax-exempt municipal bonds in conjunction with housing tax credits to finance multifamily housing projects in the United States. Volume of new-money tax-exempt issuance; Comments from market analysts; Volume cap on the amount of tax credits allocated by...
- Housing led by far in '99, Merrill says. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;01/19/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30810, p1
Reports on a Merrill Lynch & Co. study which found that housing bonds had the best total return in the United States municipal market in 1999. Performance of the total return index for single-family housing; Growing pressure to expand issuance; Complaints about the way the state housing finance...
- Iowa Hopes Bonds Will Boost Home Ownership, Revitalize Neighborhoods. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/22/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31166, p3
Reports on the Iowa Finance Authority's launch of a bond-financed low- and middle-income housing initiative aimed at revitalizing the state's blighted areas. Plans to increase the financial assistance for home ownership; Authority's desire to increase the total amount of money provided as...
- Muni Yields Up 3 to 5 Basis Points; $495M of Conn. HFA Bonds Price. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31685, p2
Reports on the repricing of Connecticut Housing Finance Authority mortgage finance program bonds. Rise in yield from municipal bonds; Decline in unemployment claims for the week ended July 19, 2003;
- Hawaii. Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;08/08/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30205, p28
Reports that Hawaii's Housing and Finance Development Corp. has sold $162 million of revenue bonds to finance the state's Hula Mae mortgage program.