Nominee for New Jersey Treasurer Comes Under Fire for Job History
- Embattled N.J. Treasurer Resigns; Lawrance Retakes Reins. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;03/29/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31107, p40
Reports on the resignation of Isabel Miranda as treasurer of New Jersey. Peter Lawrence's appointment as acting New Jersey treasurer; Allegations concerning Miranda's misuse of expense account funds while working at Citibank.
- Insurance Fraud Prosecutor Neafsey Nominated As N.J. I.G.; Following Senate Confirmation, Will Take Post July 1. Zarate, Vincent R. // Insurance Advocate;05/27/2000, Vol. 111 Issue 22, p5
Reports on the nomination of Edward Neafsey for inspector general in New Jersey. His successor as chief insurance fraud prosecutor; His educational background; Career as an insurance fraud prosecutor.
- Suter Sworn In As New Jersey Insurance Commissioner By Her Predecessor, Judge LaVecchia. Zarate, Vincent R. // Insurance Advocate;07/15/2000, Vol. 111 Issue 28, p46
Reports that Karen Suter was sworn in as New Jersey Insurance Commissioner by predecessor Jaynee LaVecchia. Roles and responsibilities as insurance commissioner; Her career highlights; Comments from New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman.
- N.J. bank regulator tapped for insurance post. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Nov95, Vol. 96 Issue 7, p12
Announces that New Jersey Governor Christie Whitman said she will nominate current state Banking Commissioner Elizabeth Randall for insurance commissioner. Drew Karpinski being replaced.
- The $95,000 question. // Business News New Jersey;3/31/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p3
Focuses on the prospective salary of the executive director of the state of New Jersey's new account management system. Advertising of the job description.
- Miranda Ruling. // Business News New Jersey;04/03/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 14, p2
Reports on decision of Isabel Miranda to withdraw her name from the list of nominations for state treasurer in New Jersey. Explanation of Miranda to prevent a conflict of interest.
- New Jersey. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;07/28/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30196, p26
Reports on James A. DiEleuterio's oath taking as treasurer of New Jersey in July 1997. Career in government service; Educational background.
- New commissioner named in New Jersey. Lonkevich, Dan // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/31/98, Vol. 102 Issue 35, p4
Announces the nomination of Jaynee LaVecchia as New Jersey's acting commissioner of banking and insurance effective August 24, 1998. Career background; Tasks of the commissioner of banking and insurance.
- Accountability is top job for new Sandy czar. // njbiz;7/14/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 28, p11
The article features Marc Ferzan, dubbed the "Sandy czar" of New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and his decided aversion to publicity given the high profile failures committed in Sandy's wake.