N.Y. Assemblyman Champions Bonds for University Hospital
- Iowa Tobacco Securitization Off to Governor. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;05/02/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31130, p5
Reports on a proposed bill to permit Iowa to leverage its share of the national tobacco settlement with a mixed sale of tax-exempt and taxable bonds. House's approval of the measure; Amount of bonds to be sold by the state.
- Bond Provisions in Limbo as Work Halts on Corporate Tax Bill. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;3/25/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31849, p5
Reports on the suspension of work on the corporate tax bill in the U.S. Senate after Republican leaders failed to cut off debate on a Democratic amendment to the proposed legislation. Impact of the bill on municipal bond provisions; Expectation of a substitute measure of the corporate tax bill;...
- Fla. Panel In Cat Fund Bill Talks. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/19/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32550, p1
The article reports on the formation of a legislative joint conference committee in Florida. The committee was formed to negotiate several bills passed by the House in January 2007 that could increase bonding capacity for the Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund. The bills also authorizes...
- MUNICIPAL BOND AND STATE AND LOCAL FINANCE LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT[*]. // Bond Buyer;03/31/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30861, p5
Reports on developments in proposed legislation on municipal bonds and public finance in the United States as of March 31, 2000. Description of the legislative bills; Comparison between the current and proposed laws; Current status of the proposed legislation.
- MUNICIPAL BOND AND STATE AND LOCAL FINANCE LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;07/14/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30932, p6
Reports on developments concerning legislative bills on municipal bonds, and state and local finance in the United States as of July 14, 2000. District of Colombia Management Restoration Act; Stop Tax-Exempt Arena Debt Issuance Act; Financial Services Act of 1999; Low-Income Housing Tax Credit...
- MUNICIPAL BOND AND STATE AND LOCAL FINANCE LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;07/21/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30937, p6
Highlights a legislative status report on municipal bond and state and local finance in the United States as of July 21, 2000. Proposed private-use bond restrictions on municipal electric utilities; Airport Improvement Program; Tax-exempt bond issuance by private parties for highway construction.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;03/26/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31104, p6
Presents a status report on legislative bills affecting municipal bonds in the United States as of March 26, 2001. Housing Bond and Credit Modernization and Fairness Act of 2001; First-Time Home Ownership Made Easy Act of 2001; Eligibility of Veterans for Mortgage Revenue Bond Financing.
- Mississippi Legislature OKs Windstorm Pool to Sell Bonds. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/20/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32590, p4
The article reports on the House and Senate's approval of a bill that would give Mississippi's windstorm insurance pool the authority to issue tax-exempt bonds. The Mississippi Economic Growth and Redevelopment Act of 2007 was unanimously approved by the House and Senate on March 15, 2007. The...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;03/19/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31099, p4
Presents a status report on legislative bills affecting the municipal bond market in the United States as of March 19, 2001. Public School Construction Partnership Act; High-Speed Rail Investment Act of 2001; National Energy Security Act of 2001; America's Better Classroom Act.