Participants Await Consumer Confidence
- No respite for Singapore's commercial sector. // Market: Asia Pacific;Jul2003, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the state of the commercial sector in Singapore as of July 2003. Unemployment rate in the second quarter; Impact of depressed consumer confidence; Forecast on sales of high-end durables; Reasons behind the decision of the government to reduce its gross domestic product growth projection.
- Consumer confidence slips in South Korea. // Market: Asia Pacific;Jun2006, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p3
Reports on the decline in the level of consumer confidence in South Korea in March 2006. Role of consumer spending in increasing gross domestic product; Plan of the government to reduce reliance on exports as an engine of growth.
- Poland's consumers are more active. // Market: Europe;Jul2007, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p8
The article reports on the growth of consumer confidence in Poland. According to a June 11, 2007 Associated Press story, Poland has the highest unemployment in the European Union. It states that Polish consumers are better off than they have been since the end of World War II. It also mentions...
- In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/3/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 9, p29
Presents news related to economy as of September 3, 2001. Increase in United States real gross domestic product in the second quarter of 2001; United States consumer confidence in August 2001; Decline in leading index for Germany in July 2001.
- Economy Ratings Revisions -- An Explanation. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Russia & CIS;Jun2007, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p2
The article discusses the new methodology for the economic risk ratings of several countries in Europe. Real gross domestic product growth (GDP) is calibrated by whether an economy is low, medium or high income. Business and consumer confidence is determined by an assessment of investment and...
- CONSUMER MARKET PERSPECTIVE. // Market: Asia Pacific;Oct2004, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p5
Presents an update on Asia Pacific consumer markets as of October 2004. Consumer confidence; Consumption growth; Distribution of gross domestic product for the largest economies of Asia and Oceania.
- CONSUMER MARKET PERSPECTIVE. // Market: Africa/Mid-East;Mar2005, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p5
Provides information on the consumer market of African and Middle Eastern countries as of March 2005. Consumer confidence ranking in the countries in the region; Purchasing power in African and Middle Eastern economies; Proportional distribution of gross domestic product for the ten largest...
- Explanatory notes. // Main Economic Indicators -- Principaux indicteurs economiques;May2004, Vol. 2004 Issue 5, p263
Presents a methodological description of the economic indicators of the member countries of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. Basis of the national accounts volume indices; Components of gross domestic product by expenditure; Purpose of business and consumer opinion...
- Part Two - Indicators for OECD Member countries. // Main Economic Indicators -- Principaux indicteurs economiques;Aug2004, Vol. 2004 Issue 8, p29
Provides information on the short-term economic indicators of the member countries of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development as of August 2004. Expenditure on gross domestic product; Indices of production; Business and consumer opinions.