California Utilities Commission Proposes 40% Power Rate Jump
- Calif. operators to share $4.6B spike in electric rates. Spector, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;05/28/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 22, p1
Reports the implementation of electricity rate hike in California issued by the state Public Utilities Commission. Effect of the power crisis on businesses in the state; Aim of the implementation of higher electricity rate; Measures made by restaurants to cope with power disruptions.
- Judge sanctions ratemaking plans. // Electric Light & Power;Dec94, Vol. 72 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the approval of a precedent-setting ratemaking plan for San Diego Gas and Electric Co by an administrative law judge in California. Pending of the approval by the California Public Utilities Commission; Aligning shareholders' and customers' interests through a revenue-sharing mechanism.
- CA hospitals facing higher electricity rates. // AHA News;05/21/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 20, p4
Reports on the concern expressed by California's hospitals over the electricity rate increase approved by the California Public Utilities Commission on May 15, 2001. Impact of the increase on the hospitals' costs; Condition of some hospitals in the state; Hospital closures in the state between...
- Home, Small Business Energy Rates May Go Up as Much as 30%. Zion, Lee // San Diego Business Journal;6/11/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the California Public Utilities Commission's review of proposals to increase electric rates. Purpose of the proposed increase; Schemes being considered by the commission in implementing the proposed rate increase; Hearings scheduled by the commission to discuss the proposed rate hike.
- CPUC issues restructuring report. // Electric Light & Power;Jul95, Vol. 73 Issue 7, p1
Discusses the interim report on the restructuring of California's electric industry issued by the California Public Utilities Commission CPUC). Lowering power rates for consumers by using competition through a wholesale power pool with direct access; Features of the power pool; Need for Federal...
- No Quick Rate Relief Seen From Energy Summit. Zion, Lee // San Diego Business Journal;07/17/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p10
Reports on Utility Consumer Action Network (UCAN) executive director Michael Shames' call for the California Public Utilities Commission to impose a rate freeze in San Diego. Meeting held on July 12, 2000 to stabilize the price of electricity; Rapid increase in local electricity rates; How San...
- Power price hike in the free market. // Modern Power Systems;Apr2001, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p3
Reports the authorization of the plan to raise electricity rates by the Public Utilities Commission (PUC) in California. Effect of power price hike on consumers; Continuity of blackouts and staged alerts; Compromise between Governor Gray Davis and PUC on the power crisis.
- Current Shock. // Time;3/22/1982, Vol. 119 Issue 12, p62
The article focuses on the increased rate of electric bills in California. Customers were shocked over the surge of their monthly electricity payments causing them to sign petitions for a statewide rollback in rates. The primary cause of the increase has been attributed to a series of rat...
- Power Rate Debate Begins To Heat Up. Zion, Lee // San Diego Business Journal;07/31/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p6
Focuses on the battle over electricity rates in San Diego, California. Effects of deregulation on customers of the San Diego Gas & Electric Co.; Possible action by the California Public Utilities Commission on resolving the issue; Proposals approved by the city council to alleviate skyrocketing...