Courthouse's Loss May Be Cook County, Ill.'s Capital Gain
- Denver Posts Bonds for Its New Justice Center. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;2/5/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32808, p8
The article reports on the election for the sale of $174 million of general obligation bonds, the fourth and final tranche of debt for the $286 million Justice Center in Denver, Colorado. According to Mayor John Hickenlooper, the city's fourth and largest mini-bond sale was the most successful...
- Several sides of federal triangle. Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/4/95, Vol. 235 Issue 10, p26
Reports on the progress in the public building construction project in the Federal Triangle in Washington, D.C. Financing and management; Design; Expected completion date; Legal problems faced by project managers.
- A Graves for Onjuku. // Architectural Record;Mar1993, Vol. 181 Issue 3, Pacific rim p7
Features a town hall and health-care facility in Onjuku, Japan by Lorissa Kimm and Enomoto Architects, commissioned by Michael Graves. Designed around a courtyard; Completion by spring 1993.
- Japan's Imperial Diet Building. Reynolds, Jonathan M. // Art Journal;Fall96, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p38
Focuses on the debates over the design of the National Diet Building in Japan. Potential of the Diet Building as a symbol of nationhood; representation of the building in the motion picture `Godzilla'; History of the Diet; Production of the earliest designs for the building by foreign...
- Keeping an eye on DOSE. // Confederated Umatilla Journal;Aug2011, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p29
The article offers information on the construction of the 4,000 square-foot U.S. Department of Science and Engineering at Umatilla Indian Reservation in Pendleton, Oregon.
- Saving Holyrood. Fraser, Malcolm // Building Design;6/20/2003, Issue 1584, p9
Focuses on the importance of proper procurement in order to have proper architecture in Scotland. Construction of the parliament building in Scotland; Benefits of using of construction management form of contract.
- Opportunity knocked. // Building Design;1/24/2003, Issue 1563, p7
Reports on the failure of ministerial design champions to resolve the problems facing design in the public building program in Great Britain.
- Courthouse commission. // Architectural Record;Feb1993, Vol. 181 Issue 2, p26
Announces the joint project of Spectorgroup in association with Meier & Partners in designing the Federal Building and the U.S. courthouse. Cost; Schedule of opening in 1998.
- Community hall failed on travel impact. // Planning (14672073);8/13/2010, Issue 1881, p16
The article reports on the refusal of the Northamptonshire, England government for a proposed community hall due to anticipated daytime traffic.