Off to the Ranch, Fraser Reflects on ACA's Past and Future
- H. RUSSELL FRASER. // Bond Buyer;11/27/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33819, p5
An obituary for a leader in the municipal bond insurance and credit rating industries H. Russell Fraser is presented.
- Russell Fraser, Wayne Lyski inducted into FIASI hall of fame. Heaton, Kenneth; Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/16/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30521, p31
Reports that the Fixed Income Analysts Society Inc. (FIASI) has inducted H. Russell Fraser, chairman and chief executive officer of American Capital Access, and Wayne D. Lyski, chairman and chief investment officer for Alliance Fixed Income Investors, into its hall of fame. Career histories;...
- New business. // Crain's New York Business;3/10/97, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p38
Reports on the plans of Fitch Investors Service's former chairman H. Russell Fraser, to establish a bond insurance company. Information on the plans.
- ACA Founder H. Russell Fraser Files for Bankruptcy. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;8/20/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31952, p4
Reports on the filing for personal bankruptcy by H. Russell Fraser, the founder of the financial guaranty business in Wyoming. Result of the disagreement with banks; Total assets and liabilities of the entrepreneur; Consolidation of the properties to repay creditors.
- Troubled guarantor loses its longtime chair, revamps staff. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;02/26/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 8, p9
Highlights rumors concerning the alleged removal of H. Russell Fraser from his position of chairman of ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. Possible revamping of workforce; Near downgrading of the guarantor to junk status.
- Fraser, Chairman of ACA, Retiring; Called 'Founder' of Guaranty Industry. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;02/28/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31086, p38
Reports on the resignation of H. Russell Fraser as chairman of ACA Financial Guaranty Corp.'s board of directors. Reasons behind Fraser's resignation; Appointed replacement for Fraser.
- ACA Tells Investors of Its Plans To Attract New Capital Sources. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;03/30/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30860, p1
Reports on the plans of insurer ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. to attract capital sources under the leadership of its chief executive H. Russell Fraser. Negotiations with banks to obtain soft capital; Replacement of a reinsurance agreement with ACE Capital Re Bermuda; Lessons from the experience...
- Improving board effectiveness by evaluating director performance. Thain, Donald H.; Leighton, David S.R. // Business Quarterly;Autumn92, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p23
Focuses on the application of the time-tested, basic elements of control on board of directors. Question about the power and effectiveness of boards of directors as the key element in corporate governance; Six possible remedies to improve boards; Improvement of boards through evaluation; Role...
- It's time for a new breed of director. Tapp, Lawrence G. // Business Quarterly;Spring96, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p7
Focuses on the role of directors of corporations in crafting the mission, vision and strategic positioning of the organization. Compensation of directors; Investigation of corporate governance.