Maricopa, Ariz., Community Colleges Ready to Get GOing
- Connecticut College Board Approves Consolidated Gateway Campus Plan. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/20/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31517, p3
Reports that Connecticut Community Colleges have approved a bonding plan to build a multi-million dollar campus in downtown New Haven, in Connecticut. Consolidation of two campuses of a city college through the plan; Effect of the Governor's support and the state bonding commission's approval...
- California County Voters to Weigh Measure for Community Colleges. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;08/01/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30944, p3
Reports on the vote in Contra Costa County, California for a proposed bond measure to fund the community college district's work on backlog of modernization and renovation projects needed on several campuses. Structure of the proposed bonds; Estimated tax rate.
- NEWS briefs. // Community College Week;03/19/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p2
Presents news briefs on community colleges in the United States as of March 19, 2001. Agreement of the North Carolina State Board of Community Colleges to produce money from a bond issue; Failure of the proposed merger of Crowley's Ridge Technical Institute and East Arkansas Community College...
- College district wins highest S&P credit rating. // San Diego Business Journal;6/10/96, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p3
Reports on the SP-1 plus rating given by the Standard & Poor's to the $8.1 million bond issuance of the San Diego Community College District. Background on the issue.
- Community college district puts $398 million bond proposal on November ballot. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;8/13/2012, p4
The article reports that a bond measure of 398 million dollars will be implemented by the Grossmont-Guyamaca (California) Community College to be used for upgrading career training facilities, classrooms, and technology systems.
- CALIFORNIA COMMUNITY COLLEGE SEEKS $698 MILLION. // American School & University;Oct2012, Vol. 85 Issue 2, p10
The article focuses on the voter approval of 698 dollars million bond proposal required by the Coast Community College District in Orange County, California.
- Houston College System Does Maiden Issue of $120M in GOs. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/9/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31777, p30
Reports on the issuance of general obligation bonds by the Houston Community College System in Houston, Texas. Features of the community college system; Development of a student-fee revenue bonds; Financial adviser for the system.
- Portland Community Colleges to Sell $98 Million in GOs Thursday. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;7/10/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31177, p36
Reports the plan of Portland Community College District to sell its general obligation bonds in Portland. Amount of the bonds; Purpose of selling; Identification of Western Financial as the financial adviser.
- Alamo College Try. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/11/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32235, p35
Reports that community leaders in San Antonio, Texas have banded together to kick off a campaign to support a bond package on behalf of the Alamo Community College District on November 8, 2005. Potential of the new proposal to maintain nursing and related programs at their current locations.