Senators Say HUD Budget Needs Work
- HUD budget stresses economic development. // In Business;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p11
Reports on the budget request of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development for year 2000.
- HUD budget: a record high. Browne, J. Zamora // New York Amsterdam News;02/17/2000, Vol. 91 Issue 7, p36
Focuses on the highest recorded budget proposed for the United States Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD) in the year 2000. Number of programs needing additional funds.
- Restoring Confidence at HUD. Martinez, Mel // National Mortgage News;05/14/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p4
Presents an excerpt from the secretary of the United States Housing and Urban Development's (HUD) remarks on the budget for the fiscal year 2002 before the House committee on banking and financial services subcommittee on housing and community opportunity.
- Amidst Foreclosure Crisis, Proposed Budget Would Slash Housing Counseling. Kiel, Paul // Pro Publica;4/10/2011, p3
The article report that budget and foreclosure crisis in the U.S. has decreased funding for housing counseling, which can lead to staff layoff in counseling agencies. It is given that budget agreement would reduce the funding for these agencies provided by a program administered by the U.S....
- THE PROPOSED FY 2007 BUDGET: What It Means for the Housing and Community Development Industry. Ramirez Jr., Saul N. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p6
The article examines the impact of the proposed FY 2007 budget of the United States on the housing and community development industry. It is observed that the budget is insufficient for a number of areas for housing and development. The Dept. of Housing and Urban Development plans to apply a new...
- Budget cuts could devastate urban housing. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;09/02/99, Vol. 90 Issue 36, p5
Reports on United States Department of Housing and Urban Development Secretary Andrew Cuomo's criticism of budgetary cuts proposed by the Republican-dominated US Congress. Concerns about the devastating impact of the cuts on the nation's poorest communities; Effect on the rehabilitation of...
- Renewing the Dream: HUD Budget Aims to Help Out Low-Income Families. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;04/10/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31115, p7
Reports on President George W. Bush's fiscal 2002 United States Department of Housing and Urban Development budget. Creation of 34,000 new Section 8 rental-assistance vouchers; Creation of the American Dream Downpayment Fund.
- HUD pitches budget request. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/05/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30592, p4
Reports on the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development's request for budget expansion. Plans of the department in using its budget; General Accounting Office's evaluation of the department's capability to take on new projects.
- HUD Secretary envisions continued federal role in housing. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/11/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30596, p5
Focuses on the testimony of United States Housing and Urban Development secretary Andrew Cuomo on the increased budget request of the department for housing projects. Potential impact of budget caps and supplemental spending bill on the department's budget; Questions on how the department...