Denver Sells Debt for Convention Center Today
- As Tourism Tax Backing Staggers, Houston Stadium Deal Delayed. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/17/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31245, p28
Focuses on the delay of Houston Stadium deal due to the decrease in tourism-related taxes in Dallas, Texas. Issuance of 200 million dollars of excise tax revenues; Support strategy in backing million of bonds; Importance of travelers coming to Dallas.
- Massachusetts May Issue Two Hefty Refundings This Week. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;6/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31647, p48
This article reports that Massachusetts is expected to be in the market in June 2003 with possibly two major refunding deals. One deal is a grant anticipation revenue note deal between $500 million and $700 million dollars. A general obligation refunding, which could reach $1 billion, is also in...
- TOP 10 E-Mailed Stories. // Bond Buyer;9/19/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33584, p7
The article offers news briefs related to bond market in the U.S. including the jobs bill proposal of President Barack Obama, the refusal of Florida to pay its monthly bill, and the move of the Arizona Transportation Board to substitute a senior-alien excise tax revenue bond issue.
- Denver Plans Debt Sale Tomorrow for Excise Tax Bonds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;01/23/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31062, p3
Reports the sale of the excise tax bonds by the local government in Denver, Colorado. Plan to finance renovations and improvements to the Colorado Convention Center; Underwriter for the negotiated deal; Characterization of the excise tax bonds.
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. Peacock, Wayne; Vadum, Matthew; Braun, Martin Z.; McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/12/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31447, p33
Reports public finance developments in the U.S. as of August 2002. Approval of the school bond for the University of Connecticut 21st Century project; Increase in excise tax collection; Credit rating for the Nyack Hospital bond.
- Return of St. Tammany. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/4/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32374, p35
The article reports that the St. Tammany Parish No. 3 Sales Tax District is planning to sell 50 million dollars of sales tax bonds. It will mark the first debt issuance from the storm-damaged credit since Hurricane Katrina hit. Foley and Judell LLP will be the counsel of the bonds that will be...
- Finding Room to Roam, NHL Coyotes Spurn Scottsdale for Big Arena Deal. Walker, Patrick M. // Bond Buyer;04/16/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31118, p40
Reports that Ellman Co., owner of the Phoenix Coyotes National Hockey League franchise, have signed an agreement with Glendale, Arizona for an arena on a 220-acre location. Issuance of general obligation debt and bonds supported by excise taxes; Details of the agreement between the city and the...
- County likely to extend hotel-motel tax soon. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/3/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 49, p3
The article reports on the 10-year extension of the 5% Lodging Excise Tax approved by the Kent County Finance and Legislative Committees. The revenue from the levy pays for the bond debt amounting 5.8 million U.S. dollars annually, and finances the marketing projects of Experience Grand Rapids...
- Some of the business stories we broke last week in PuertoRicoWOW.com. // Caribbean Business;6/6/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p58
Reports on business news items featured in PuertoRicoWOW.com prior to the week ended June 6, 2002. Standard & Poor's bond rating for the COmmonwealth of Puerto Rico; Puerto Rico Industrial Development Co.'s tax incentives for Corning Cable Systems in Rio grande; Governor Sila Calderon's signing...