Oregon Treasurer Calls for State Bonds to Help Schools
- Colorado, Reevaluating, Expects Smaller Tran Issuance Next Year. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;11/13/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31016, p40
Reports the issuance of transportation revenue anticipation notes by the Transportation Department in Colorado. Details on the issued notes; Approval of a constitutional amendment requiring the state to divert funding for education; Plans of the state officials to sell bonds to fund roads and...
- Voters approve $97.3 million bond proposal. // Ellis County Press;5/19/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p1
The article reports that bond proposal worth $97.3 million was approved by the Midlothian Independent School District voters for the construction of elementary, high school, and Frank Seale Middle School's addition.
- Some Local Mirrors of What Matters. // Time;11/20/1972, Vol. 100 Issue 21, p22
The article focuses on the issues concerning constitutional amendments and referendums that should be handled by the voters in the U.S. It mentions that the voters are faced with different local issues, in which their sentiments serve as a mirror on what really matters for the Americans. It...
- New Money for Schools. // Bond Buyer;8/28/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31708, p39
Reports on plans of West Virginia School Building Authority to issue revenue bonds. Statement by Clacy Williams, executive director of the authority on its plans; Likely use of proceeds of the bond sale; Information on the underwriter and bond counsel of the sale; Assessment of rating of the...
- Jerry Fischer, South Dakota Health and Educational Facilities Authority. // Bond Buyer;03/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31089, p54
Features the South Dakota Health and Educational Facilities Authority, a major municipal bond issuers for health and educational facilities in South Dakota. Agency history; Management schemes; Financial issues.
- Second reading. Polsby, Daniel D. // Reason;Mar96, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p32
Focuses on treating the Second Amendment of the United States as normal constitutional law. Materials pertaining to the Equal Protection Clause; Issue on the states' power to regulate firearms; Debates about gun control; Era of marginality.
- Rule 23 amendments dwindle down to a precious two. // Defense Counsel Journal;Oct97, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p498
Reports on the approved and rejected articles of Rule 23 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure for amendment. Authority of courts of appeal in granting interlocutory appeals; Rejection of changes in Rule 23(b)(3)(A) and Rule 23 (b)(3)(B); Alternatives to cost-benefit analysis of individual...
- Constitutional Amendment Process. // Congressional Digest;Jan1995, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p16
Discusses the process for ratification of amendments to the Constitution of the United States. Processes; Required votes; Ratification period.
- Patient `rights' proposed. Geisel, Jerry // Business Insurance;10/27/97, Vol. 31 Issue 43, p2
Reports that in Washington State a presidential panel preparing a `bill of rights' for health care consumers approved a draft proposal. Recommendations of the draft proposal; Comments from the President's Advisory Commission on Consumer Protection and quality in the Health Care Industry;...