AT 2001 SCHOOL F/S TECHNOLOGY CONF.: Where technology is headed next
- NRA tech poll bolsters think-tank's 2010 forecast. Liddle, Alan J. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/25/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 47, p4
Reports on the involvement of technology in reshaping food services industry in the U.S. Use of the Internet in the business; Prevalence of technology devices in the sector; Impact of the use of technology on the productivity of the industry.
- Whatsnext.com. Schruntek, Walter J. // FoodService Director;12/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p32
Discusses the impact of labor, menu and time on the food service operations in the 21st century. Contribution of technology to the development of food service in the 20th century; Information on the Internet as a major component in the year 2000.
- ON-IMPACT: Tech-systems help identify market needs. // FoodService Director;03/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p54
Focuses on the impact of technology on food service operations. Advantages of technology; Potential of the concession market for Internet/customer ordering; Example of technologies used by food service operators; Goal in deploying technology.
- Technology: Owners Are Catching Up. Atkinson, William // Food Management;Oct2006 Supplement, p9
The article provides information on the increasing number of food service operators in the U.S. which adopt a sophisticated technology for their business processes. These businesses realize the benefits of such technology and gain greater comfort in using the Internet. The most popular is the...
- Why Wi-Fi is a must for any restaurant's menu. IRVINE, ROBERT // New Hampshire Business Review;8/22/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 17, p25
The article focuses on the significance of having Wi-Fi at the author's restaurant as a way of making the customer experience better in New Hampshire. According to the author, technology is not far behind from the food that the restaurant is serving. The author puts emphasis on the speed of the...
- Net-savvy operators are blazing the trail for us all. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;5/27/96, Vol. 30 Issue 21, p18
Focuses on the use of Internet advertising by food service companies in the United States. Advantages for the industry in recruiting employees and clients; Features of some web sites of companies.
- More Operators Now Head For The Web. // Food Management;Jun2001, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p74
Reports on the barriers to Internet usage among food service operators. Percentage of operators who use the Internet; Application of the Internet in various areas of the food service business.
- Managing From Afar. // Food Management;Jun2001, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p75
Reports on the use of the Internet to manage food service operations in the United States. Internet-based services available for the sector; Features of various networking solutions.
- Dinner is just a few clicks of the mouse away. Wells, Ken R.; Ash, Leonard D. // San Diego Business Journal;6/17/96, Vol. 17 Issue 25, p10
Features on Getfood, a technology that provides customers a way of ordering food via the Internet. Capabilities; Advantages; Featured restaurants.