FOR HIGH-VOLUME APPLICATIONS: Ice-maker maintenance
- Operating trouble-free ice machines. Leach, David J. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;07/26/99, Vol. 207 Issue 13, p6
Discusses issues concerning the maintenance and trouble shooting of ice making machines. Water as single most important cause of equipment failure in ice machines; Tip to prevent scaling of ice machines; Factors affecting taste and odor of ice; Removal of sediment and slime.
- Inspect ice machines, keep ice sanitary. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;07/26/99, Vol. 207 Issue 13, p15
Discusses the value of visual inspection and service follow-through in the care of ice-making machines. Sources of potential problems; Tips to eliminate threat of bacteria in ice.
- The Lowdown on Low Ice Production. Moore, Danny // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;03/05/2001, Vol. 212 Issue 10, p1
Presents a checklist for the maintenance of ice machines. Benefits of regular maintenance on ice machines; Importance of reading the cleaning instructions on the manual; Reasons for the inspection of the refrigeration cycle.
- Keeping cool under constant fire. Selwitz, Robert // Hotel & Motel Management;05/01/2000, Vol. 215 Issue 8, p34
Presents advice from major ice-machine manufacturers on how to maintain an ice machine at peak condition. Maintenance; Cleaning; Environmental awareness; Health concerns.
- The mystery of intermittent ice production. Robinson, Jim // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;04/03/2000, Vol. 209 Issue 14, p26
Focuses on the repair of ice-machines with recurring intermittent ice production problem. Inspection of installation and general operating environment; Performance analysis; Steps in diagnosing the problem.
- Repairing an icemaker water valve. TOTH, STEVE // Popular Mechanics;Jan99, Vol. 176 Issue 1, p96
Discusses techniques in repairing the water valve of an icemaker. How the icemaker works; Testing and inspection of icemakers; Procedure of the repair.
- Improve ice machine performance. Gunter, Heather // Hotel & Motel Management;2/18/2008, Vol. 223 Issue 3, p22
The article provides information on how to improve the performance of an ice machine. According to the author, one must hire a qualified ice machine technician to install the machine. He added that filter on inbound water must be present in all ice machines. Moreover, to reduce the mineral...
- Cool, cold cash. Durocher, Joseph // Restaurant Business;3/1/95, Vol. 94 Issue 4, p140
Offers information for food service operators on maintaining ice makers. Recharging of the system with refrigerants; Phaseout of the refrigerants CFC R-12 and R-502 in January 1996; Federal tax for ozone-depleting materials; Points to consider when buying ice machines.
- Rubic's cubes. Durocher, Joseph // Restaurant Business;06/01/97, Vol. 96 Issue 11, p93
Offers suggestions on how to select the right ice maker for restaurant use. Risks of oversizing the icemaking capabilities; Problems with long storage of ice; Advantages of filtering the water on the inlet side; Consideration of space and utilities for the installation of ice makers. INSET:...