Updating Old World recipes
- Sbarro cites legal costs in 3rd-Q profit decline. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/30/98, Vol. 32 Issue 48, p12
Discloses the financial performance of Sbarro Inc., operator and franchiser of cafeteria-style pizza outlets for the first quarter ended October 4, 1998. Impact of settlement of labor-related lawsuit on earnings; After-tax profits; Net income; Estimate total revenues for the three quarters.
- Need dough? Durocher, Joseph // Restaurant Business;05/15/97, Vol. 96 Issue 10, p187
Takes a look at equipment and supplies needed to support pizza and pasta categories for food service operations. Dough preparation; Mixer features to look for; Scales; Shape cutters; Ovens for baking; Other equipment for heating.
- Italian Comfort. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;9/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p42
The article features the Virtues restaurant for Summa Health System in Akron, Ohio. Executive chef Frank Zifer is preparing foods that are both healthy and contemporary, including pastas and pizzas with California and Mediterranean influences. They sell a sausage pizza that is very popular, but...
- NORTH SUBURBAN. // Indianapolis Monthly;Aug2013, Vol. 36 Issue 14, p153
A review is offered for several restaurants including Blu Moon Cafe, Hamilton Restaurant and India Sizzling located in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- EVOLUTION OF CAFETERIA SYSTEMS - PAST-PRESENT AND FUTURE. Poór, József; Beke, Jenő; László, Gyula; Óhegyi, Katalin; Šeben, Zoltán; Slavić, Agneš // Selye e-Studies;2014, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p4
The author's aim is first to review the most important features of the cafeteria system (goals, typical 'stakeholders' and strategic HR issues). Then they examine the evolution of the system of flexible benefits since 1996, when the first such systems appeared in Hungary. Authors also analyze...
- Pizza dough is on the rise. // FoodService Director;5/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the success of the pizza program of the cafeteria at the Elliot Hospital in Manchester, New Hampshire. Impact of the pizza program on the sales performance of the cafeteria during the first quarter of 2005; Features of the cafeteria; Background on the pizza offered by the cafeteria.
- West Suburban. // Indianapolis Monthly;Dec2004, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p40
The article informs about the Boulder Creek Dining Co., a restaurant group of Indiana. A mountain-lounge atmosphere is the backdrop for wood-roasted pizza, pasta, steak, seafood and salads of these restaurants . And it's kid-friendly without feeling like kindergarten. It offers lunch and dinner...
- Fresh Perspective. // BusinessWest;May2004, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p54
Features information on Pompeii Pizza, a French-Italian restaurant in Northampton, Massachusetts. Owner of the business; Reason for the success of the business; Emphasis of the restaurant on freshness and quality.
- TRENDING UP: From-scratch pizza making a comeback. // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p65
Reports on the profitability yield offered by pasta entrees to noncommercial food service operators. Reason for its appeal to the public; Preparation method.