Kids' mainstream favorites
- Toppings make the grade. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p114
Features food service operators who regularly includes pizza in school menus in the United States. Pizza as a part of the New Menus Program in Rutland, Vermont-based public schools; Pizza served by Domino's Pizza Inc. at the Unified School District in Palm Springs, California.
- Pizza! Pizza! // FoodService Director;3/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p6
The article reports on the launch of Stonewall Pizza Express at Washington State University in Pullman. The online pizza delivery and ordering system allows students to order pizza through wsu.webfood.com and either have it delivered for free to their residence hall or arrange to pick it up at...
- A Healthy Transformation. // FoodService Director;10/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p10
The article deals with the changes made in the food service department of the Montrose Country School District in Colorado under the guidance of Nutrition Service Director Kathy DelTonto to ensure that the meals students received are nutritious. Del Tonto stated that one of the goals of the...
- Pizza Hut opens new Commissary Kitchen. // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p16
Focuses on the Commissary Kitchen concept debuted by Pizza Hut Express to school operators at the 1998 American School Food Service Association national conference in Anaheim, California. Installation of the concept in Crown Point School District in Indiana in the fall of 1998; Concept features.
- SOUP it up! // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p55
Reports on the popularity of soup among meal producers and consumers in the U.S. Variety of soup offered at Fairport Central School in New York; Favorite soup of students; Comments from Steve Myers, executive chef at the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor.
- District and Hospital Partner to Bring Healthy Foods to Students. // FoodService Director;3/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p11
The article discusses the collaboration of the foodservice divisions of Cooperstown Central Schools and Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital in serving healthy lunch menus to students.
- In brief. // Food Management;Dec99, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p12
Presents news items concerning the food service industry in the United States. Includes the popularity of the University of Southern California's catering facility as site for parties and special events; CulinArt's appointment of Tom Eich as president; Orion Food Systems' plan of opening four...
- School foodservice leaders receive FAME awards. // Nation's Restaurant News;01/10/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p58
Reports that school foodservice leaders were chosen as winners in the 11th Annual Foodservice Achievement and Management Excellence Awards.
- TAKIN' IT TO 'EM: New Mex. students grab b'fast. // FoodService Director;6/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the increased breakfast participation at an Albuquerque, New Mexico middle school after the district replaced its traditional service with grab-and-go breakfast carts. Statement from Gabriela Pachecho, district nutrition coordinator of Albuquerque; Information on the breakfast...