HARD WORK PAYS OFF: Museum puts catering provider to the test
- Where fine art meets fine cuisine. Lawn, John; Gatsos, Diane // Food Management;Sep98, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p42
Features the Getty Center in Los Angeles, California and its foodservice. Number of workers in the center; Average number of meals served by the restaurant; Catered events held in the restaurant. INSET: The Getty Museum, The Getty Center and The Getty Trust.
- Getty Center. Dunn, Jerry Camarillo // National Geographic Traveler;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p21
Presents information on the Getty Center in Los Angeles, California, with focus on its art museum which offers a world-class collection of masterpieces; Identification of some of the art; When the center opened; Description of the center; Information to persons wanting to tour the center.
- Getty Center construction teamwork. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;01/19/98, Vol. 203 Issue 3, p71
Highlights the Getty Center in Los Angeles, California as one of the most complex challenges in third-party interface technology, requiring close teamwork among customer, contractor and manufacturer. Use of Landis & Staefa Inc.'s Staefa System Three building automation system.
- New Getty Center shouts strong message from mountaintop. Goodale, Gloria // Christian Science Monitor;6/28/96, Vol. 88 Issue 150, p10
Focuses on the Getty Center built on the mountaintop of Los Angeles, California. Views of different sectors on the significance of the center; Retiring Getty president Harold Williams; Getty Trust; Importance of the center's location; Getty's commitment to contemporary arts and culture as...
- The people's getty. Goldberger, Paul // New Yorker;2/23/98-3/02/98, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p178
Reports on the number of visitors that go to the Getty Center, in Los Angeles, California. What the facility houses; Reaction to the visitor response to the center; Who the center was designed by; Description of the center.
- New Getty Center opens this month. // Art in America;Dec97, Vol. 85 Issue 12, p23
Reports that on December 16th 1997 the 110-acre, $1 million Getty Center for art and culture is expected to be opened. Location of the center; Reference to Michael Meier, designer of the center; Features of the center; Opening hours for the center; What is expected to be seen at the center's...
- Getty, set, go. D.S. // American Photo;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p38
Looks at the opening of the Getty Center in Los Angeles, Calfornia. Who designed the center; Number and source of photographs to be housed by the the center.
- A tale of two hilltops. Ivy, Robert A. // Architectural Record;Nov1997, Vol. 185 Issue 11, p9
Editorial. Presents information on the Getty Center, in Los Angeles, California. Reference to the Huntington estate in San Marino; Information on Getty Center's site plan; Reference to Henry Hutington, railroad magnate and a major developer of Southern California.
- The talk of L.A. // Architectural Record;Nov1997, Vol. 185 Issue 11, p41
Reports that Richard Meier's Getty Center was given high praise by critic, Kurt Andersen, at the opening of the center in September 1997, on a hilltop overlooking Los Angeles, California. What was said by Andersen.