OVER LAST YEAR: Wholesale index up 2.22% thru Feb
- Wholesale prices up 5%; tight dairy market eyed. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;8/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p40
Presents wholesale price indexes of dairy products and meat and poultry products in the U.S. as of August 15, 2004. Production of dairy products from February to April; Price index for beef and pork; Prices in the poultry sector.
- FROM LAST YEAR: 3rd-quarter market basket up 0.56%. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;10/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p52
Reports on food prices in the U.S. in the third quarter of 2002. Wholesale price index for meat; Increase in the prices of poultry products; Decline in commodity prices.
- July Price Statistics. Bryan, Michael F.; Meyer, Brent // Economic Trends (07482922);Sep2007, p4
The article reports that the Consumer Price Index (CPI) showed signs of moderation in July 2007 increasing only 1.4 percent after rising 4.9 percent over the past six months in the U.S. It stated that many energy-component prices fell in July, as the aggregated energy index decreased 11.5...
- Market Basket ends 2005 up nearly 5% over '04. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;12/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p26
The article looks at the prices of food in the U.S. under the categories of meat, seafood, frozen and canned foods, produce, commodities, based on the 2005 Foodservice Director (FSD) price index. In general, market prices have increased since the low points of May 2005 to July 2005 but remain...
- MEAT, SEAFOOD UP, PRODUCE DOWN: Wholesale prices decrease 1.99%. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p104
Reports on the 1.99 percent decline in wholesale food prices in April 2000. Year-to-date wholesale price index for meat and seafood; Price decreases for commodities, produce, canned and frozen foods; Percent increase in turkey production for year 2000.
- Meat index off 2.34%. // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p106
Reports on the `FoodService Director' food price index in the United States as of February 1998. Increase posted in fresh produce, frozen foods and commodities; Decreases for meat, seafood and canned food; Price comparison for pork products.
- MEAT AHEAD BY 11%: YTD food prices continue surge. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;3/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p49
Reports on the market basket index of food prices in the U.S. in year-to-date average to February 2004. Increase in the wholesale beef and pork indexes; Percentage of increase in poultry wholesale index; Year-to-date commodities market index including milk, eggs and wheat; Forecast on the...
- 1ST QTR.: Prices down marginally. // FoodService Director;04/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p94
Compares the quarterly prices of food commodities in the United States for the year 1998 and 1999. Reasons for the decrease in prices for first quarter of 1999; Price index for all meats; Monthly wholesale pork index; Poultry wholesale index; Price index of seafood and frozen food varieties.
- Rising burden of input costs add to farm income woes. // Poultry World;Sep2008, Vol. 162 Issue 9, p6
The article reports that poultry farm incomes are set to come under increasing pressure despite rising food prices in Great Britain in 2008. Eggs and poultry meat have been blamed for the biggest leap in annual inflation since records began in 1997. Annual food inflation measured by the consumer...