CROSS-TRAINING HELPS: Cafes do double-duty at Mayo Clinic/Scottsdale
- ASFSA launches credential program. // FoodService Director;01/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p5
Reports on the introduction of a credential and training program for school food service employees in the United States by the American School Food Service Association (ASFSA). Requirements for the participants of the credentialing program.
- Govt feeds Â£21m to the School Food Trust over three years. // Education (14637073);2/8/2008, Issue 299, p3
The article presents information about the School Food Trust in Great Britain. The group works to improve the quality of school food. The funding increase will help support the training of school caterers as well as educate parents and students about nutrition. The School FEAST Network is...
- The wine seller. Scarpa, James // Restaurant Business;3/1/96, Vol. 95 Issue 4, p170
Focuses on the philosophy of Mary Ross, principal of Chicago, Illinois-based Mary Ross & Associates, on the importance of teaching the right mental attitude to restaurant wine servers. Ross' background in the wine-serving industry; Value of a well-trained service staff to a profitable and smooth...
- National Certified Professional Food Manager (CPFM) certification program. // Journal of Environmental Health;Jan/Feb1997, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p34
Reports that the National Assessment Institute has developed a training system for the food service industry called the National Certified Professional Food Manager Program. Modules.
- Food certification training course set. // Malakoff News (TX);4/12/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 15, p3
A description of the course for professional food manager certification being offered by Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service in Henderson County, Texas is provided.
- A running start for tomorrow's operators. LaVecchia, Gina // Food Management;Aug97, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p22
Features the Aliso Niguel High School Culinary Arts Academy of the Capistrano Unified School District in Orange County, California. Provision of a training program for the workforce for foodservice careers; Offer of training in culinary and hospitality management skills; Tailoring of facilities...
- Tapping a human resource: Restaurants fight labor crunch with training programs. Zuber, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;7/08/96, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p33
Focuses on the innovative training and retention programs developed by different restaurants in the United States in an effort too fight the labor crunch. Strong competition seen in attracting and maintaining employees; Benefits of a well-crafted training program for employees and customer...
- Look beyond foodservice for learning tools. Liddle, Alan, // Nation's Restaurant News;06/09/97, Vol. 31 Issue 23, p74
Focuses on educational and training resources on food service training. Impact of the rapidly changing technologies on food service training; Tapping into television programs and news presentations to make training more relevant to employees; Description of sources for free or low-cost training...
- You can quote me: favorite lines from my scrapbook. Sullivan, Jim // Nation's Restaurant News;06/04/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 23, p18
Presents a collection of quotes for training food service employees. Value of teamwork; Law of probability dispersal in the restaurant business; Inevitability of turnover.