SERVICE FOR ONE--AND ALL: Carts put new spin on Crittenton Hosp's breakfast
- Health system launching Center of Innovation and Excellence. Crain, Jennifer // Food Management Exclusive Insight;12/14/2016, p1
The article reports on the launching of a comprehensive program for optimizing the foodservice program of the University of North Carolina Health Care system in its 12 hospitals by training 600 employees at the Center of Innovation and Excellence to provide consistent meal and dining services at...
- Regional favorites win sales. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p128
Presents information on some of the most popular meats which are chosen to prepare breakfasts in the United States, highlighting the breakfasts prepared at the Providence Health Center, Waco, Texas. Reference to the burritos which are made at the facility; Costs of the burritos; Information on...
- More made-to-order. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p57
Provides information on the breakfast service being offered at health care institutions in the U.S. Popularity of made-to-order items in most of the hospitals; Foods usually offered during breakfast; Array of hot comfort foods for breakfast.
- Children's hospital shifts to breakfast cart program. // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the start of a Breakfast A La Carte program at the All Children's Hospital in Saint Petersburg, Florida. Opportunity for children in patient's rooms to choose their own breakfast; Food selections; Offer of the service to all age groups; Cost savings from the program.
- Atlanta Hospital Introduces Healthy Dining Programs. // FoodService Director;10/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p8
The article announces that the 500-bed Piedmont Hospital in Atlanta, Georgia has introduced new retail programs that will help customers make healthy dining choices. A program called Lean Works includes breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack menu which ensures caloric intake of not more than 2,000...
- Solid daily attraction. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;12/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p43
Focuses on several popular breakfast items at healthcare and hospital food service segments in the U.S. Burrito at Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center; Frittata at New York Community Hospital; Oatmeal at The Palace at Kendall.
- Breakfast in Bed(rest). // Food Management;Apr2008, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p20
The article reports on the food service pilot program at Saint Vincent's Infirmary in Little Rock, Arkansas. Patients on the orthopedic floor are greeted each morning with omelets and other breakfast entries made to order by a chef. A three-person team provides the service. Two catering...
- Baked goods cross dayparts. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p134
Focuses on the serving of baked goods throughout the day in hospitals and healthcare centers. Examples of lunch for breakfast menus; Variations in lunchtime menus from breakfast leftovers; Baked products which are sold throughout the day; Example of muffin recipes.
- Training on a shoestring. Lipowski, Melissa // Food Management;Apr99, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p42
Focuses on a peer training program for food service employees of a veterans' hospital in New York City. Appointment of eight volunteer trainers to conduct the sessions; Topics included are sanitation, food safety, specialized diets, communication and using specialized equipment.