NEARLY A DOZEN ON ISLANDS: VSA lands Luau, Aloha Bowl
- Ogden, Volume services merge. // Food Management;Aug99, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p14
Reports on Ogden Corp. Entertainment Group's agreement to acquire Volume Services America Inc. and to form the entity Ogden VSA.
- VSA for Denver Broncos in '01. // FoodService Director;12/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p26
Reports on the concessionaire and suit caterer that was named by the Denver, Colorado, Metropolitan Football Stadium District for the stadium that will host the Denver Broncos football team fans in 2001. Number of concession stands that will be opened at the stadium; Amount Volume Services...
- Competitor won't gobble up arena supplier. Czurak // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/25/99, Vol. 17 Issue 43, p13
Reports that Ogden Entertainment, a division of Ogden Corp., would not buy Volume Services America Inc., the Van Andel Arena's food and beverage supplier. Reason of Ogden for revoking its acquisition agreement with Volume Services America; Estimated price of the discontinued acquisition.
- A SINGLE POINT OF CONTACT: VSA LAUNCHES FACILITIES DIV. // FoodService Director;10/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p24
Announces the launch of the facility management division of Volume Services America. Appointment of Dan Smith by Volume; Smith's goals to the division; Advantages of offering facility management.
- ARENAS AND STADIUMS: VSA expands in east arenas. // FoodService Director;12/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p28
Focuses on the foodservice contract of Volume Services America with Williams-Brice Stadium of the University of South Carolina in Columbia. Services to be provided by the company to the university stadium; Information on the services provided by the company to the Bridgeport Arena in Connecticut.
- 100 EMPLOYEES SINCE 1999: VSA training at U.-Fla. conts. // FoodService Director;01/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p26
Reports on the management seminar held by Volume Services America for its food service workers. Estimated number of employees who graduated from the program; Topics covered by the professors; Coverage of the training program.
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;02/05/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p20
Presents updates related to food service in the United States as of February 20001. Recipient of the US Department of Agriculture Pyramid of Excellence Award; Provision of food service to Aloha Stadium and Paradise Cove Luau by Volume Services America Inc.; Retirement of Jim Hodgkins, a dining...
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/16/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 29, p16
Reports on human resource items concerning the United States food service sector as of July 16, 2001. Graduation of 21 Volume Services America employees from the company's Service Management Training program; Promotion of Steve Wallace to the position of vice president of human resources at El...
- In brief. // Food Management;Mar2001, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p14
Focuses on developments related to food service in the United States, current as of March 2001. Appointment of Thomas Egan as executive vice president and chief operating officer of food service design firm, Webb Design; Volume Services America's receipt of contracts to serve Hawaii's Aloha...