IN 'WILDS' OF ALASKA: Eurest gives special support
- 2000 Paralympic Winter Games: Compass Caters Olympics. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p26
Interviews Kurt Kimball, executive vice-president of Compass Group, about the preparation of the company as the Official Catering Supplier for the 2002 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games in Salt Lake City, Utah. Reactions of the company on being chosen as the official catering supplier;...
- For Compass gold medal showing at Olympics may point the direction toward Athens, Greece. Koteff, Ellen // Nation's Restaurant News;3/4/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p27
Editorial. Comments on the food service provided by Compass Group during the 2002 Winter Olympic Games in Salt Lake City, Utah. Efficiency of the service; Provision of menu acceptable to athletes from all over the world; Complaints received by the group from some athletes.
- LET THE GAMES BEGIN: Compass readies foodservice of--and for--Olympic proportions. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;11/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p44
Looks at the preparations being made by the Compass Group PLC staff for its food service operation at the 2002 Olympic Winter Games in Salt Lake City, Utah. Scope of the catering service operation; Responsibilities of Joe Polidora, a Restaurant Associates executive and lead contact for Compass...
- Compass goes for gold, wins contract for 2002 Olympics. King // Nation's Restaurant News;10/18/99, Vol. 33 Issue 42, p4
Reports that global contractor Compass Group PLC has been awarded the contract to provide foodservice for the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, Utah. Value of the contract; Terms under the deal.
- In brief. // Food Management;Nov99, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p16
Reports on developments in the food service industry in the United States as of November 1999. Selection of Compass Group as the official catering services supplier for the 2002 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games in Salt Lake City, Utah; Nominations to the 199 Silver Plate Awards of the...
- San Diego catering firm to hire 100 for Olympics. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;04/09/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 39, p19
Announces the plan of San Diego, California-based catering company, Behind the Scenes Inc., to hire 100 people to carry out a contract to provide food services to National Broadcasting Co. (NBC) personnel during the 2002 Winter Olympic Games in Salt Lake City, Utah. Similar contract given to...
- Salt Lake's rough ride on the road to 2002. Biele, Katherine // Christian Science Monitor;11/6/97, Vol. 89 Issue 240, p3
Examines controversy in Utah surrounding plans and construction for the 2002 Olympic Winter Games in Salt Lake City. Resignation of Tom Welch, president of Salt Lake's Olympic Committee, following allegations that he shoved his wife; Cost of reconstruction projects; The unusual vociferous public...
- Salt Lake City Olympics 2002. Masia, Seth // Ski;Sep95, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p33
Reports on the efforts of the Salt Lake City, Utah, to bid and prepare for the 2002 Winter Olympics. Includes funds spent on lobbying; Cost of referendum; Projected cost of running the Games.
- Find the hidden message. Trinker, Greg // Ski;Nov97, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p42
Features the symbol for the 2002 Salt Lake Winter Olympics. Description of the logo; Cost of development of the snowflake logo.