RECRUITMENT AND RETENTION: BOARD SEEKS STANDARDS FOR F/S
- Employers Want Educators' Help. Homan, Scott R.; Clark, Donald L. // Technology Teacher;Feb97, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p31
Discusses the establishment of skill standards system by the help of educators in the field of technology education in the U.S. Objective of U.S. agency the National Skill Standards Board (NSSB); Tasks undertaken by NSSB; Basic skills taught in technology education process; Findings that...
- Toolbox. // Business Press;11/28/97, Vol. 10 Issue 31, p20
Presents several reports relating to employee skills development. Schedule of the workshop `Fundamentals of Successful Project Management'; Grants awarded by the US National Skills Standards Board; Results of a survey on temporary workers conducted by OfficeTeam, a national staffing service.
- National Skill Standards Board Holds First Meeting. // Labor Law Journal;May95, Vol. 46 Issue 5, following p321
The article presents information on National Skill Standards Board's first meeting. The 28-member National Skill Standards Board, established a year ago by the Title V of the Goals 2000: Educate America Act, held its first meeting in April at the Chamber of Commerce in Washington, D.C. The Board...
- Assisting the Second Tier. // Labor Law Journal;May95, Vol. 46 Issue 5, following p321
After the first meeting of National Skill Standards Board, chairman James Houghton, told the press that industry-wide skills standards will be a necessity if America is to develop a high-performance high-wage strategy to compete in the new world economic order. He identified the Board's role as...
- Using National Skill Standards to Meet Local Needs. West, Edie // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Mar2002, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p60
Focuses on the use of the National Skill Standards Board (NSSB) on the establishment of a national industry-validated skill standards in the U.S. Importance of skill articulation and knowledge on work performance; Development of curricula and instructional materials; Number of companies...
- Skill board to launch cluster effort in June. Hudelson, Dale // Vocational Education Journal;Apr96, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p12
Announces that the National Skill Standards Board (NSSB) will begin developing national standards for industry clusters on June 1996. Goal 2000 legislation; Comments from the NSSB; Plans of the NSSB.
- National Board sets new standards for worker skills. Leonard, Bill // HRMagazine;Sep96, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p8
Reports that the US National Skills Standards Board has given preliminary approval to a national skills classification system. Standards board's approval of a framework for promoting the development of voluntary skill standards; US Congress' creation of the skills standards board; Composition of...
- Impact of Skill Standards on STW. // Techniques: Making Education & Career Connections;Oct96, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p6
Reports that the US National Skill Standards Board has awarded $300,000 grants to three projects that will demonstrate the use of national, voluntary, industry skill standards in school-to-work programs over the course of one year. Outline of the building linkages projects.
- Setting the bar for what students must know. Dykman, Ann // Techniques: Making Education & Career Connections;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p30
Focuses on the results of the September 1996 forum of the US National Skill Standards Board. Response from industry members; Framework for developing national industry skills standards.