ON THE HORIZON: MILITARY F/S SUPPLY ENTERS DESIGN PHASE
- Better forming, smaller footprint. Gazdziak, Sam // National Provisioner;Sep2010, Vol. 224 Issue 9, p46
The article offers information on a new system called microchannel emulsifier chamber which is part of the process intensification to plant design and layout. It states that process intensification moves from batch process to continuous processes and creates processes that are smaller and...
- Virtual vision of the future. // Design Engineering;Jun96 Supplement, p23
Reports on the use of electronically generated models to demonstrate plant designs. Ability of project teams to walk through realistic looking computer models at the Visual Engineering Center in Cambridge, England; Ability of companies to purchase their own Visuality system that can be moved in...
- Getting your business ready for high technology. Loxsom, Mark D. // San Diego Business Journal;7/23/97 Supplement, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p12A
States that high-technology-based institutions and companies are finding it a challenge to find facilities that accommodate rapid growth and production and personnel changes. Practical approaches to facility planning; Explanation of programming process and steps of sound facilities planning for...
- Bricks and mortar. Robichaux, Dave // Credit Union Management;Nov97, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p14
Suggests several ways of strategic facility planning for its successful construction and use. Includes growth goals of the company; Demographic analysis of the general community under consideration; Site selection.
- A Tabu-Search Heuristic for the Dynamic Plant Layout Problem. Kaku, Bharat K.; Mazzola, Joseph B. // INFORMS Journal on Computing;Fall97, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p374
We consider the dynamic plant layout problem (DPLP) in which the layout of a facility must be determined in each period of a finite planning horizon. We begin by reviewing the literature on DPLP, discussing various formulations of the problem which have appeared in the literature as well as a...
- Technology reclaims space in facilities. // Buildings;Mar1998, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p14
Provides several information on trends being encountered by facility managers. Shrinking employee work space; Increase in common areas; Increase in satellite workstations.
- PLANT LAYOUT AND MATERIAL HANDLING. Burgess, A.R. // Industrial Management;May/Jun76, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p14
Focuses on the different aspects of plant layout and material handling. Analysis of two schemes for handling the problem of cyclical production on a single press; Discussion of the procedure of simulating a materials handling system; Description of a totally automated integrated materials...
- Want to write a book and have it published? Cedarleaf, Jay // Industrial Management;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p28
Opinion. Presents the author's experiences while writing her book on plant layout, and having it published.
- Coremaking at Toyoda. Hirano, Harry; Carey, Paul; Kerns, Kelley; Lepianka, Phil // Foundry Management & Technology;Feb98, Vol. 126 Issue 2, p28
Part II. Examines the plant layout of the Toyoda Automatic Loom Works Prototype Foundry in Obu, Japan, as well as aspects of the cellular manufacturing concept and unique equipment innovations used in the operation. Description of the layout of the modular core room; Information on the core...