SUNSET IN SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO: Branded chicken boosts Calif. schools' a la carte
- Turning Chickens in Dollars. Dianis, Laura K. // Curriculum Administrator;Jan2000, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p69
Presents information on Tyson Foods' Project A+ Fundraising program for school cafeterias in the United States. Process of the fundraising campaign; Amount to be earned by schools; Contact information.
- `Nuggets are still No.1'. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p134
Focuses on a variety of ways that chicken is served at food service operations in schools across the United States. Popularity of nuggets in elementary and high schools; Chicken recipes favored in the Palm Springs Unified School District in California; Chicken preparations at public schools in...
- Thai chicken in Scots schools under fire. // Poultry World;Aug2013, Vol. 166 Issue 7, p9
The article reports on the criticism received by the local Scottish government after it imported chicken nuggets from Thailand, which was revealed by a freedom of information survey conducted by the Scottish Green party that also found six councils serving no Scottish chicken in school meals.
- Nuggets still top the list. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;08/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p92
Reveals that chicken nuggets are the most popular chicken dish among school foodservice facilities in the United States. How chicken nuggets are prepared; Dips that go with chicken nuggets; Frequency of serving chicken nuggets.
- CHICKEN BRAND IN CHARLESTON: SCHOOL OPENS COMPANY. // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p1
Reports that Charleston City School District in South Carolina has opened the Charleston Chicken Company. Deficit of the school district; Sales of the food service unit; Food items offered by Charleston Chicken.
- IN WISCONSIN SCHOOL: KIDS FLOCKING TO BRAND. // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p8
Deals with the outcome of the Squawkers,a branded chicken concept from Brakebush Chicken, introduced by Sparta Area School District in La Crosse, Wisconsin. Chicken items included in the Squawkers menu; Impact on revenue of the school district.
- ANTIBIOTIC-FREE CHICKEN COMMITMENT. // Food Management;Jan2015, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p8
The article focuses on commitment of schools districts of Urban School Food Alliance in the U.S. to purchase and to serve antibiotic free chicken in their school cafeterias.
- A game of CHICKEN. Johnston, Tom // Meatingplace;Jan2015, p26
The article focuses on the issues related to the guidelines issued by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) over use of antibiotics in poultry production. Topics discussed include action taken by food companies including Tyson Foods, on the issue; impact of overuse of antibiotics in animal...
- An all-purpose mainstay. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p82
Deals with the different varieties used by food service operators in preparing their chicken menu for schools across the United States. Favorite meal at the New York City Board of Education system; Result of a Mongolian Wok event at the Lockport City School District in New York; Methods used to...