CAMPUS SNACK BAR: BITS AND BYTES PICKS UP
- Sbarro added to mix: West Virginia Univ. expands leasing deals. // FoodService Director;1/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p12
Reveals that West Virginia University added Sbarro to its foodcourt brand-mix under a lease-space agreement. Offering of a full variety of pastas; Presentation of pizza concepts.
- Shrinking Catered Affairs. S. H. // FoodService Director;7/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p32
The article reports that the West Virginia University in Morgantown, West Virginia has begun to serve desserts in small plates.
- College Munchie Mania. // Food Management;Jul2000, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p69
Presents the snack foods offered by colleges and universities in the United States. Offer of flavored bagel chips as free bar snacks at Connecticut College; Flavors of the chicken fingers served by Holy Cross College; Availability of a wide variety of pizza at the North Dakota State University.
- SNACKING FORECAST. Cobe, Patricia // Restaurant Business;Jan2015, Vol. 114 Issue 1, p16
The article focuses on "The Big Picture" survey by the periodical "Foodservice Director" which found that college and university food-service operators perceived growth in snacking.
- IN CHILLED AND FROZEN VERSIONS: PIZZA POPULARITY. Silver, Sheldon // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p132
Reports on pizzas in dining facilities in some universities in the United States which are offered in vending machines. Pizza at the University of California in Los Angeles; Offering at pizza station at the University of Concordia University in Portland, Oregon; Difference of selling pizza from...
- From Kunming to Ithaca. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;2/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p43
The author relates how his experience on a trip to China inspired him to apply the concept of Asian cuisine to food service at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York. He stayed with a Muslim family in Kunming. Lou mian qung, a Chinese-Muslim noodle dish, is one of the popular street food or...
- Vendor Surrounded and Outgunned. Reill, Howard // FoodService Director;6/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p62
The article reports on the challenges faced by Joseph Benedict, executive director, auxiliary services for Brooklyn College in Brooklyn, New York, in providing food service to the students. Benedict said that they have three or four machines that dispense cold sandwiches egg salad, tuna fish,...
- Hummus is Hummin'. // FoodService Director;3/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p36
The article focuses on hummus as a regular item on many deli salad bars at U.S. schools. Senior executive chef Peter Testory of Colorado State University in Fort Collins states the many use of hummus on children's snacks. Executive chef Eli Huff discusses the use of hummus on salads. Moreover,...
- Wintertide PRODUCTS. // Foodservice East;Winter2011, Vol. 85 Issue 5, p8
The article offers updates on products and services within the foodservice sector in Northeastern States. The State University of New York at Albany opens a YoNola station offering organic yogurt and granola parfaits for healthy quick snacks for students. Vulcan Equipment introduces a...