12 DOZ. DAILY: Cookie sales cooking at Amgen
- Amgen plays for time. Gershon, D. // Nature;4/26/1990, Vol. 344 Issue 6269, p800
Reports on the latest legal issues concerning the United States rights to erythropoietin between Amgen and Genetics Institute. Victory for Amgen over cross-licensing agreements; Genetics Institute unable to find a loophole for its drug, Epogen.
- Cross-licensing ordered. Gershon, D. // Nature;3/22/1990, Vol. 344 Issue 6264, p278
Reports that a United States district court in Boston has ordered Amgen, Inc. and Genetics Institute to license to each other their respective versions of erythropoietin. Agreements will be royalty-free; Two companies will be allowed to compete and to pursue the patent dispute in the federal...
- Amgen to spend $80 million to create Canadian institute. Gershon, Diane // Nature;3/18/1993, Vol. 362 Issue 6417, p194
Reports that a Canadian subsidiary of Amgen Inc. will spend C$100 million over the next ten years to create a medical research institute in Toronto that will study the human immune system and how it relates to diseases such as cancer. Amgen Institute; Ontario Cancer Institute/Princess Margaret...
- HOW TO KEEP THAT FAMILY FEELING. Erdman, A. // Fortune;4/6/1992, Vol. 125 Issue 7, p95
Reports that signs of hypergrowth are everywhere at Amgen, the Thousand Oaks, California, biotechnological firm. Annual growth rate statistics; Reliance of the use of a team system for management; Revenues; Net profit; Total return to investors.
- Amgen's Epogen sales may drop slightly, but its obesity drug shows promise. // Medical Marketing & Media;Aug97, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p27
Reports on developments at Amgen Inc. Effects of the policy change in Medicare by the US Health Care Financing Administration on its drug Epogen; Progress on the company's Leptin obesity drug.
- Little minnows grow up to be very big fish. Johnsson, Julie // Crain's Chicago Business;06/01/98, Vol. 21 Issue 22, pA149
Focuses on problems encountered by California-based Amgen Incorporated after building an Interferon laboratory in Chicago, Illinois. Details on the financial problems of the company with Continental Bank; Information on the success of Amgen after its relocation to California.
- Amgen seeks corporate partner for research in inflammation. // Medical Marketing & Media;Oct97, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p20
Reports on Amgen's plan to seek a corporate partner for its inflammation research and development program, headquartered in Boulder, Colorado.
- Amgen: Genesis on wall street. Panchapakesan, Meenakshi // FW;1/4/94, Vol. 163 Issue 1, p18
Presents information about Amgen. Situation with Wall Street; Background information; Opinions; Advantages of Amgen.
- Amgen reports rise in first quarter results. // Chemical Market Reporter;05/04/98, Vol. 253 Issue 18, p15
Reports on Amgen Inc.'s net income and total revenues or the first quarter of 1998.