AT DARTMOUTH UNIV.: Kosher/Muslim unit planned
- Lynchburg College runs 700 events a year. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p106
Features Catering Service's food service operations at the Lynchburg College in Virginia. Catering to the universities' various events; Handling a variety of events in the on-campus areas; Revision of standardized menus for internal and external events; Benefits of cross-training the personnel...
- BRANDED PIZZA GIVES BOOST: Indiana U. adds Papa John's in arenas. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the increase in concession sales at Indiana University's Assembly hall in 2000 with the addition of Papa John's Pizza in snack stands at the basketball arena. Percent increase in concession sales; Food and snacks served at the basketball arena; Information on the expansion of the...
- MarketCapsule: CHALLENGES IN COLLEGE CATERING. // FoodService Director;04/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p1
Reports the growth in the catering revenues of colleges and universities in the United States as of April 2000.
- TEN WAYS TO BREAK IN TO THE STUDENT MARKET. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;3/25/2011, Vol. 201 Issue 4670, p32
The article presents suggestions on how college caterers can attract more students.
- Keying in on the seasons. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p84
Focuses on the catering business at several universities and colleges in the United States. Percentage of the University of Georgia in Athens' catering service delivered outside the campus; Peak season for Ashland University in Ohio's catering business; Catering departments at the University of...
- Dartmouth Opens Inter-Religious Dining Facility. // Black Issues in Higher Education;2/28/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p22
Describes the campus dining hall, The Pavilion, at Dartmouth College in Hanover, New Hampshire established jointly by Muslim and Jewish students. Menu being offered in the dining hall; History of the food service; Example of food preparation.
- Cafeteria Composting. Jacobsen, Bradley // Waste Age;Apr2000, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p93
Details findings of a study, conducted by DSM Environmental Services Inc. and sponsored by the American Forest & Paper Association, on the characteristics and compostability of food service organics at the Dartmouth College in Dartmouth, New Hampshire. Rate of degradation of laminated paper...
- TUCO APPOINTS DAVID NUTTALL AS REGIONAL CHAIR. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;12/13/2013, Vol. 203 Issue 4807, p45
The article announces that David Nuttall has been named general catering manager at Harper-Adams University in Newport, England.
- New Demands Drive Campus Dining Programs. Lawn, John // Food Management;Jun2003, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p8
Foodservice programs can play a key role in helping college administrations address campus community issues. College administrations are themselves finding that catering to those student demands, while necessary to keep a school "competitive," can easily undermine academic and cultural...