Low-noise submillimeter-wave NbTiN superconducting tunnel junction mixers
- Planar MgB2 superconductor-normal metal-superconductor Josephson junctions fabricated using epitaxial MgB2/TiB2 bilayers. Chen, Ke; Cui, Y.; Li, Qi; Xi, X. X.; Cybart, Shane A.; Dynes, R. C.; Weng, X.; Dickey, E. C.; Redwing, J. M. // Applied Physics Letters;5/29/2006, Vol. 88 Issue 22, p222511
We have fabricated planar superconductor-normal metal-superconductor MgB2 Josephson junctions using TiB2 as the barrier material. On a bilayer film of MgB2/TiB2 on SiC substrate, MgB2 was locally removed to create a gap of â‰¤=50 nm, separating the MgB2 film into two electrodes. A Josephson...
- Planar thin film YBa2Cu3O7-Î´ Josephson junction pairs and arrays via nanolithography and ion damage. Chen, Ke; Cybart, Shane A.; Dynes, R. C. // Applied Physics Letters;10/4/2004, Vol. 85 Issue 14, p2863
We have fabricated in-plane high-Tc Josephson junction pairs and series arrays using our established nanolithography and ion damage process. Junctions in a pair showed nearly identical electrical properties. The ten-junction array exhibited currentâ€“voltage characteristics that can be...
- Influence of substrateâ€“film interface engineering on the superconducting properties of YBa[sub 2]Cu[sub 3]O[sub 7-Î´]. Rijnders, Guus; Currás, Seve; Huijben, Mark; Blank, Dave H.A.; Rogalla, Horst // Applied Physics Letters;2/16/2004, Vol. 84 Issue 7, p1150
The atomic stacking sequence at the substrateâ€“film interface plays an essential role in the heteroepitaxial growth of REBa[sub 2]Cu[sub 3]O[sub 7-Î´]. During initial growth, the interface configuration influences the surface morphology and structural properties of the film, due to the...
- Enhanced high-field current carrying capacities and pinning behavior of NbTi-based superconducting alloys. Wada, H.; Itoh, K.; Tachikawa, K.; Yamada, Y.; Murase, S. // Journal of Applied Physics;
Presents a study that examined the enhanced high-field current carrying capacities and pinning behavior of Niobium-based alloys. List of alloys used in the study; Device used to examine the microstructural features of alloys; Current density capacity of NbTi superconducting alloys.
- Magnetic properties of LaNiO[sub 3] films and Josephson characteristics of.... Sagoi, Masayuki; Kinno, Teruyuki; Yoshida, Jiro; Mizushima, Koichi // Applied Physics Letters;4/12/1993, Vol. 62 Issue 15, p1833
Evaluates the application of LaNiO[sub 3] films to the normal layer for superconductor-normal metal-superconductor junctions. Determination of film resistivity; Dominance of Pauli paramagnetism in the film; Estimation of the coherence length of the films.
- Electrical properties of CdTe films and junctions. Anthony, Thomas C.; Fahrenbruch, Alan L.; Peters, Michael G.; Bube, Richard H. // Journal of Applied Physics;1/15/1985, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p400
Describes the electrical properties of the CdTe thin films and their behavior when tested in Schottky barrier and heterojunction devices. Background on CdTe film deposition; Stability of hole density in CdTe films; Properties of junctions on CdTe films.
- SrTiO[sub 3] buffer layers and tunnel barriers for Ba-K-Bi-O junctions. Baumert, B.A.; Talvacchio, J.; Forrester, M.G. // Applied Physics Letters;4/26/1993, Vol. 62 Issue 17, p2137
Examines the use of SrTiO[sub 3] films as buffer layers for Ba[sub 0.6]K[sub 0.4]BiO[sub 3] (BKBO) films. Characteristics of BKBO grown on buffered substrates; Contribution of tunnel junction with barrier to voltage gap; Effectiveness of the film as buffer layers and tunnel barriers.
- Spectroscopic measurements of Zeeman splitting of the density of states in high temperature superconducting tunneling junctions. Alvarez, G. A.; Iguchi, I.; Wang, X. L.; Dou, S. X.; Yao, Q. W. // Journal of Applied Physics;4/15/2006, Vol. 99 Issue 8, p08C912
We report c-axis tunneling spectroscopy investigations in high magnetic fields (I-V characteristics and tunneling conductance dI/dV) of high quality planar junctions fabricated from c-axis oriented NdBa2Cu3O7-d/PrBa2Cu3O7-d/NdBa2Cu3O7-d thin film multilayers. The tunneling conductance in a...
- Effects of rf bias on the superconducting and structural properties of rf magnetron sputtered NbN. Carter, W. L.; Cukauskas, E. J.; Qadri, S. B.; Lewis, A. S.; Mattauch, R. J. // Journal of Applied Physics;4/15/1986, Vol. 59 Issue 8, p2905
Investigates the superconducting and structure properties of rf magnetron sputtered niobium nitride (NbN) films prepared at eleveted temperatures as a function of rf substrate bias. Effect of substrate bias on low-temperature resistivity; Details on the preparation of NbN films; Measurements of...