Maine Legislators Aim to Abolish Turnpike Authority
- Maine Turnpike Agency Has Its Eye on Toll Increases. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;6/12/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33729, p5
The article presents information on the toll increases being proposed by the Maine Turnpike Authority, that is said to raise 26.5 million dollars to meet its financial requirements.
- Maine Turnpike agency will nearly double its debt to expand road. Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/03/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30696, p3
Reports that the Maine Turnpike Authority will borrow $150 million to help fund a five-year project to expand Maine's largest road to keep pace with growth. Authority's outstanding debt load; Issue of bonds from revenues boosted by raised toll fees; Renewal of turnpike's ratings from three...
- Maine Highway Bonds Price in Anticipation of Fed Meeting. Mercurio, Stephanie // Bond Buyer;03/21/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30853, p3
Reports the sale of revenue bonds by the Maine Turnpike Authority. Avoidance of possible rate hike during the Federal Reserve Board meeting; Reason for the sale of the bonds; Rate of the bonds from Moody's Investors Service, Standard & Poor and Fitch IBCA Inc.; Maine Turnpike Authority annual...
- Maine Turnpike Agency Upgraded Ahead of Deal. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;2/27/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33669, p3
The article reports that Maine Turnpike Authority will upgrade its negotiated sale of 68.8 million dollars of Series 2012A turnpike revenue bonds and 70 million dollars Series 2012B revenue refunding bonds on February 27, 2012.
- Maine agency readies highway project with refundings. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;06/24/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30421, p43
Reports on the Maine Turnpike Authority's refunding of more than $65 million of bonds to generate savings for its highway widening program. PaineWebber Inc. as lead manager; Bond rating by Fitch IBCA Inc.; Plan by the authority to increase tolls in 1999.
- Maine Turnpike Authority to hold public hearing on plan to hike tolls. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;07/09/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30431, p3
Reports on the Maine Turnpike Authority's (MTA) plan to hold public hearings on how to raise tolls to back $128 million in bond-financed road construction. Authority's plan to widen a 30-mile stretch of the highway and to modernize other parts of the turnpike; Moody's Investors Service and...
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. Vadum, Matthew; McKaig, Ryan; Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;04/02/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31109, p41
Presents news items related to the bond market and public finance in the Northeastern States as of April 2, 2001. Legislator Glenys P. Lovett's criticism of Maine Turnpike Authority officials for launching a public relations offensive against her plan to form a committee to study abolishing the...
- Maine bases turnpike project on scrap tires. Truini, Joe // Waste News;9/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p11
The Maine Turnpike Authority's interchange project in Sabattus is consuming some 2 million scrap tires from the state's largest tire pile in Bowdoin. H.E. Sargent Inc., the general contractor, is using almost 19,000 tons of 6-inch scrap tire chips as a sub-base under the roadbed in place of the...
- MAINE: Ex-Turnpike Big Sentenced. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;4/16/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33697, p9
The article reports that former Maine Turnpike Authority executive director Paul Violette was sentenced to three-and-a-half year imprisonment for misusing 230 thousand dollars of the agency funds.