TBMA Pushes Toward Standardized Computer Language
- E-Trading Platforms Proliferate, But How Many Will Survive? Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;09/21/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30980, p1
Reports on the rise in the number of electronic fixed-income securities trading platforms in the United States, according to the Bond Market Association's survey of online securities trading in the country. Current number of electronic trading systems devoted to the U.S. fixed-income market;...
- BMA Survey Reflects Continuing Spread of E-Bonds. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;09/25/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 36, p18
Reports on the results of the Bond Market Association's 2000 survey on electronic trading systems in the United States and Europe. Growth of platforms offered in the fixed-income market; Types of systems employed; Reflection of the transformation occurring in the fixed-income markets.
- BMA Taps TradeWeb, Jordan & Jordan. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;05/14/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 20, p1
Reports that the Bond Market Association has selected TradeWeb LLC as its partner in developing an industrywide protocol to standardize electronic transactions for fixed-income securities. Terms of the partnership agreement between the companies; Intended purpose for creating an industrywide...
- Electronic trading invades the fixed income marts. Weisul, Kimberly // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/01/97, Vol. 63 Issue 48, p10
Looks into the impact of electronic trading to the fixed income market as discussed during The Bond Market Association's annual technology conference.
- TBMA Taps TradeWeb to Standardize Programming for Online Transactions. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;05/07/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31133, p6
Reports on The Bond Market Association's (TBMA) selection of TradeWeb to develop a protocols system that will standardize computer language used for electronic transactions in the fixed-income markets. Development of a standardized computer language; Implications for the growth of electronic...
- Wiring the Syndicates. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/04/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30989, p1
Reports on the Bond Market Association's proposed standardized agreement that firms can use to electronically form and manage underwriting syndicates for competitive municipal securities transactions in the United States. Comments sought for the 'Agreement Among Underwriters'; Software for the...
- Association to craft framework for fixed-income regulation. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;03/09/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30346, p34
Focuses on Bond Market Association's launch of a project to develop guidelines to help it set regulatory priorities in the fixed-income securities markets. Uncertainty over the association's role overseas; Revenue-raising tax proposals hurting the municipal market; Association chairman Michael...
- BMA Seeks Partner for Online Trading Protocol. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;03/26/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 13, p4
Reports on the effort of the Bond Market Association to establish an industrywide protocol that would help standardize the computer language for fixed-income securities. Public domain location of the standard; Promotion of electronic communications.
- Fixed-income market doesn't need big regulatory reshuffling, bond group says. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;10/06/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30245, p5
Reports on the Bond Market Association's (BMA) opposition against the proposed reshuffling of the existing regulatory framework that applies to fixed-income securities in the United States. Requirements for a new regulation; BMA's assessment of the current regulatory framework.