California's Power Crisis Puts General Fund Moves on Hold
- California controller aiming to push for biennial budget. Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;11/17/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30274, p37
Announces California Controller Kathleen Connell's plan to push for changing the state budget to a two-year document from one year, at the legislative session in January 1998. Rationale for the move; Plans for unveiling a recommendation for state officials to draft a four-year capital...
- California official reveals plan to bridge financial gap with local governments. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;08/20/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30709, p6
Reports on the proposal of California Controller Kathleen Connell to bridge financial gap between the state and local governments. Funds that will be generated for the municipalities; Key concepts of the proposal.
- Debate Swirls Around California Controller's $5.7 Billion Ran Plan. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;8/13/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31201, p7
Reports on California Controller Kathleen Connell's recommended 5.7 billion dollar revenue anticipation notes. Structure of the proposed bond sale; Uses of the proceeds from the bond sale.
- California Controller Deems $7.5B Warrant Deal Necessary. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;4/25/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31373, p1
Reports the issuing revenues anticipation warrants in payment of bills by the state of California. Ability to pay obligations; Request of Kathleen Connell, controller, to Governor Gray Davis on set up of revolving funds; Proceeds of the warrants forwarded to revenue; Integration of financial...
- Connell raps Wilson and Dems, questions recovery. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;04/14/97, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p7
Highlights California state Controller, Kathleen Connell's, criticism of Democrats and governor Pete Wilson. Basis of Connell's dissatisfaction; Comments by Connell during an interview; Connell's concerns regarding tax equities for growth countries; Speculation regarding Connell's intention to...
- Treasurer's call to Get REAL is on point. // San Diego Business Journal;1/15/96, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p10
Editorial. Comments that it is hard to remember California state treasurer Kathleen Connell as a Democrat. Reputation for cutting costs; Proposal for a seven-point government reform plan.
- California Controller Expects Need to Issue $5 Billion in Rans. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;1/24/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31310, p3
Reports that state controller for California, Kathleen Connell, expects the need for issuing revenue anticipation notes by the state following the budget proposed by the state governor Gray Davis. Factors that may necessitate the notes issuance; Features of the proposed budget; Need for the...
- California Controller Casts Doubt on L.A. Breakup. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p4
Reports on the pessimism of state controller Kathleen Connell regarding the breakup of Los Angeles into three cities in California. Fiscal viability of the division; Contribution of the city's bonded debt; State requirement to balance revenue between entities during the transition years.
- California controller resumes battle cry for review, reform of tax structure. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;09/02/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30221, p47
Reports on California Controller Kathleen Connell's proposal calling for a review and reform of the state's tax structure. Connell's views on the possible avenues of resolving the issue; Importance of the reform to prevent the state from suffering insolvency; Committee formed by Connell to study...