Jobless Claims Fall 1,000 to 379,000
- Jobless Claims Fall 14,000 To 442,000 in Latest Week. Temple-West, Patrick // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/26/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 12, p10
The article offers information on the decline of jobless claims in the U.S. for March 2010 as reported by the Labor Department and Thomson Reuters.
- GUEST EDITORIAL: Urgency needed on unemployment benefits. Reuss, Alejandro // La Prensa San Diego;7/16/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 28, p6
The author reflects on the need for unemployment benefits in the U.S.
- FORM: State Unemployment Compensation Agencies. // Small Business Start-Up Kit (9781413310993);Feb2010, pF16
The article presents a list of unemployment compensation agencies in several U.S. states, including the Department of Industrial Relations in Alabama, the Department of Employment Security in Illinois, and the Department of Labor in Louisiana.
- Editor's Note. Kelly, Brian // U.S. News Digital Weekly;7/9/2010, Vol. 2 Issue 27, p18
The article calls for opinions on the issue on whether the U.S. federal government should extend the benefits for the long-term unemployed citizens or not.
- Initial Jobless Claims Grow 17,000 to 298,000 in Week Ended Dec. 27. // Bondbuyer.com;12/31/2014, p8
The article reports that initial unemployment claims in the U.S. increased from 17,000 to 298,000 for the week ended December 27, 2014.
- Jobless claims tick up. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;5/29/2015, pA02
The article reports on the increase of initial unemployment claims in the U.S. for the week ended May 23, 2015.
- Jobless claims rose 25,000 to 299,000. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;10/01/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30738, p2
Reports on the first-time requests for unemployment insurance benefits in the United States in the last week of September 1999.
- Monthly, year-over-year mass layoffs drop, data show. // Crain's Cleveland Business;3/28/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 13, p11
The article reports that according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, initial claims for unemployment insurance caused by layoffs declined in February 2011 in comparison to the same period in 2010.
- Jobless Claims Off 5,000 to 283,000. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;8/27/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30714, p2
Reports on initial claims for unemployment benefits in the United States for the week ended August 21, 1999.