In Rare Action, SEC Gets Court to Shut Three Heartland Muni Funds
- Pricewaterhouse Coopers Settles With Heartland Muni Investors. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;1/4/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32291, p24
The article reports that PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP has agreed to an $8.25 million settlement with shareholders of two former Heartland Group Inc. high-yield municipal bond mutual funds for its role as auditor in the collapse of the funds in 2000. The settlement would raise the amount of damages...
- SEC Adopts Rules for Mutual Funds. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/4/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31774, p1
Reports on the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's adoption of rules requiring fund companies and investment advisers to set up comprehensive compliance programs that include written policies on fair-value pricing. Prevention of a circumvention of a longstanding prohibition on late...
- SEC Seeks High-Yield Price Data. Fine, Jacob; Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;3/18/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31844, p1
Reports on the demand of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission for extensive information from high-yield municipal bond funds relating to pricing practices. Details of relationships with pricing services; Basis for examining the liquidity and valuation concerns relevant to the funds;...
- Nations funds group. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/15/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30768, p6
Reports that Nations Funds Group, the mutual fund group of Bank of America, has filed plans with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission to introduce a new state-specific intermediate municipal bond fund that will invest in Kansas.
- SEC's Bond Pricing 'Sweep' Hume, Lynne // Bond Buyer;3/11/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31839, p1
Reports that the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is investigating high-yield municipal bond funds' interactions with pricing services as part of an examination sweep of bond funds' pricing practices that it launched in response to the Heartland Advisors Inc. case. Testimony by Lori A....
- Warning on Escrow Debt. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/5/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31442, p1
Reports the warning of the Securities and Exchange Commission to the municipal bond issuers in the U.S. Assessment of the enforcement actions; Issuance of information to the investors on the optional call rights; Assessment of the securities laws.
- SEC Approves MSRB Amendment to G-40. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;8/13/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31448, p4
Reports the approval of the G-40 rule of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board by the Securities and Exchange Commission in the U.S. Appointment of contact person by the municipal securities dealer; Management of the electronic-mail communications; Distinction of the contact personnel.
- MSRB Sends SEC Proposal to Increase Trade Data Reporting. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/25/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31478, p5
Reports the proposal of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board of the Securities and Exchange Commission to increase the number of municipal bond trades. Adaption on the concept of frequently traded; Presentation of daily transactions of bonds; Evaluation of the total par value transparency...
- MSRB Seeks Mandate to Shut Market. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/12/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31531, p1
Reports on the proposal submitted by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission for allowing the shut down of municipal bond market in the event of catastrophe. Response of the officials of The Bond Market Association to the proposal;...