Canadian therapist trains teachers to help heal traumatized Afghan students
- TRAUMI INFANTILI, TOSSICODIPENDENZA E REGOLAZIONE AFFETTIVA IN UN GRUPPO ANALITICO IN AMBITO PENITENZIARIO. Stringi, Alessandra // Psichiatria e Psicoterapia;mar2013, Issue 1, p3
This article is about the aetiology of drug addiction according to an evolutionary-relational psychoanalytic model, and it is reported how a group analityc psychotherapy of drug-addicted subjects in a penitentiary has been managed. First, it is emphasized the role that relationships have in the...
- How to treat shock. // Nutrition Health Review: The Consumer's Medical Journal;1993, Issue 67, p8
Presents advice on treating shock. Symptoms; First aid; Medical care.
- The provision of critical incident stress debriefing services by EAPs: A case study. McWhirter, Ellen Hawley; Linzer, Marc // Journal of Mental Health Counseling;Oct94, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p403
Develops models of critical incident stress debriefing (CISD) as a crisis intervention response for emergency service personnel after exposure to traumatic incidents. Concept of CISD; Team response; Initial debriefing; Critical variables; Follow-up; Individual counseling.
- between us. Grant, Gwendolyn Goldsby // Essence (Essence);Jul2002, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p66
Answers questions about relationship, family and sexual problems. Information on how to deal with child sexual abuse from a family member;Therapy needed for incest trauma; Need for women to go public about being sexually compromised.
- Pittsburgh University studies blood substitutes in severe trauma patients. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;08/16/99, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p26
States that the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania has launched a study on the effectiveness of a blood substitute in treating trauma patients with severe blood loss. Optimism that the experimental blood substitute will reduce deaths from trauma; United States...
- Online dental trauma guide. // British Dental Journal;11/13/2010, Vol. 209 Issue 9, p429
The article offers information on the online guide for dental trauma treatment which is available at www.dentaltraumaguide.org.
- The rewarming benefit of anterior torso heat pad application in mildly hypothermic conscious adult trauma patients remains inconclusive. // Scandinavian Journal of Trauma, Resuscitation & Emergency Medici;2012, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p17
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article related to the benefit of anterior torso heat pad application in hypothermic conscious adult trauma patients.
- Secondary Survey of Trauma Patient. Hichkad, Nandan R. // Clinician Reviews;Dec2015, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p10
The article presents question and answer related to survey of a trauma patient's injured right hand by evaluating the radiograph images which shows a fracture of the distal fourth metacarpal head.
- Trauma Care in Germany: An Inclusive System. Sturm, Johannes; Pape, Hans-Christoph; Dienstknecht, Thomas // Clinical Orthopaedics & Related Research;Sep2013, Vol. 471 Issue 9, p2912
Background: Development of trauma systems is a demanding process. The United States and Germany both have sophisticated trauma systems. This manuscript is a summary of political, economic, and medical changes that have led to the development of both trauma systems and the current high-quality...