Charter challenge of ban on direct-to-consumer advertising to be heard by Ontario court in mid-June
- Just ask your doctor. Surman, Matt // Adweek Eastern Edition;9/9/1996, Vol. 37 Issue 37, p12
Focuses on the issue over direct-to-consumer pharmaceutical advertising in the United States. Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) requirement of advertisers to include an outline detailing proper use of prescription drugs and possible side effects; FDA's consideration of loosening...
- FDA investigates change to TV drug advertisements. // Reactions Weekly;Mar2014, Vol. 1491 Issue 1, p2
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to investigate the effect of proposed changed to direct-to-consumer (DTC) prescription drug television (TV) advertisements, and asks public comment about the proposed changes.
- AdvaMed issues new guidelines for device ads. M. A. // Medical Marketing & Media;Apr2009, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p27
The issuance of the Advances Medical Technology Association's (AdvaMed's) guidelines for direct-to-consumer (DTC) device advertising in the U.S. is reported. It notes that the guidelines were designed to encourage patient-physician discussion and promoted consumer-friendly language and...
- Consumer Drug Ads. Mitka, Mike // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;6/11/2008, Vol. 299 Issue 22, p2620
The article discusses a hearing held by a subcommittee of the U.S. Congress House Committee on Energy and Commerce to assess the potential need for legislation to limit direct-to-consumer advertising of prescription medications. Testimony from Doctor Nancy Nielsen, president-elect of the...
- DTC is dead/long live DTC. Chase, James // Medical Marketing & Media;Apr2011, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p6
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the author discusses the challenges in direct-to-consumer (DTC) drug marketing in the U.S.
- Should we back DTC in Europe? Pavlou, Fedra // Pharmaceutical Technology Europe;Jan2011, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p6
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article by Nathan Jessop on direct to consumer (DTC) advertising in Europe.
- ResearchWatch. Smith, Brian // Journal of Medical Marketing;Jan2009, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p77
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one which examines the fair balance in direct-to-consumer (DTC) pharmaceutical advertising, one which demonstrates the role of DTC advertising in constructing the social reality of diseases and medicine, and one on the...
- DTC a Right, According to Pfizer CEO. // Pharmaceutical Representative;Nov2011, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p8
The article focuses on the statement of Pfizer president and chief executive officer (CEO) Ian Read regarding direct-to-consumer (DTC) advertising as a fundamental right in the U.S.
- Change the channel on DTC. Chase, James // Medical Marketing & Media;Apr2008, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p6
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one about the use of mindless imageries in medical commercials and another about top-listed companies included in direct-to-consumer advertisements.