Individualized electronic decision support and reminders to improve diabetes care in the community: COMPETE II randomized trial
- Implementing the Chronic Care Model: A Statewide Focus on Improving Diabetes Care for Pennsylvania. Siminerio, Linda; Wagner, Edward H.; Gabbay, Robert; Zgibor, Janice // Clinical Diabetes;Fall2009, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p153
The article focuses on improving diabetes care in Pennsylvania through implementation of chronic care model. Chronic disease including diabetes, asthma and heart conditions are reportedly the main cause of death and disability in Pennsylvania. The primary care systems are stated as...
- Limited evidence to assess the impact of primary health care system or service level attributes on health outcomes of Indigenous people with type 2 diabetes: a systematic review. Gibson, Odette R.; Segal, Leonie // BMC Health Services Research;2015, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p1
Background: To describe reported studies of the impact on HbA1C levels, diabetes-related hospitalisations, and other primary care health endpoints of initiatives aimed at improving the management of diabetes in Indigenous adult populations of Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the United States....
- General practitioners with a special interest in respiratory medicine: national survey of UK primary care organisations. Pinnock, Hilary; Netuveli, Gopalakrishnan; Price, David; Sheikh, Aziz // BMC Health Services Research;2005, Vol. 5, p40
Background: To meet the universally recognised challenge of caring for people with long-term diseases many healthcare cultures are encouraging family physicians to develop specialist skills. We aimed to determine the major factors influencing the appointment of respiratory General Practitioners...
- Chronic Care Model improved outcomes in diabetes management. // Endocrine Today;May2013, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p23
The article cites a study conducted at the University of Florida and published in "Preventing Chronic Disease," which involves a systematic review to assess how researchers have used the Chronic Care Model (CCM) in primary care settings in the U.S. that administer care to patients with diabetes.
- Capsule Commentary on Weeks et al., Measuring Primary Care Organizational Capacity for Diabetes Care Coordination: The Diabetes Care Coordination Readiness Assessment. Shi, Lizheng; Khurshid, Anjum // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Jan2014, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p178
The article presents a commentary on the research study on the primary care organizational capacity for diabetes care coordination. It examines the effectiveness of the Diabetes Care Coordination Readiness Assessment (DCCRA), a self-assessment guide to identify barriers and actionable area for...
- Diabetes: Covering all the bases. Tanzi, Maria G. // Pharmacy Today;Sep2009, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p22
The article discusses the significant aspects on the treatment of diabetes. It primarily focuses on the need for patients with diabetes to consider the need for an extensive self-care management. It specifically offers information on the disease process, and the microvascular and macrovascular...
- Recruiting and retaining primary care nurses. White, Alison // British Journal of Community Nursing;Nov2004, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p510
Focuses on the role of nurses in chronic disease management within primary care in Great Britain. Pros and cons of the proposed care delivery by health care assistants and other support workers; Disadvantages of protocol-based care; Lack of nurses' exposure to primary care during pre-registration.
- Electronic Health Records and Quality of Diabetes Care. Cebul, Randall D.; Love, Thomas E.; Jain, Anil K.; Hebert, Christopher J. // New England Journal of Medicine;9/1/2011, Vol. 365 Issue 9, p825
Background: Available studies have shown few quality-related advantages of electronic health records (EHRs) over traditional paper records. We compared achievement of and improvement in quality standards for diabetes at practices using EHRs with those at practices using paper records. All...
- Abordaje de las enfermedades crÃ³nicas desde una perspectiva integral. Muñoz, Emilia Bailón; Beltrán, Domingo Orozco // AMF: ActualizaciÃ³n en Medicina de Familia;2011, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p422
No abstract available.