Transparency task force
- As I See It. Dickinson, James G. // Medical Marketing & Media;May2011, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p30
In this article, the author discusses the issues concerning the failure of the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama to increase transparency in the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- FDA creates task force to better communicate with public. // Infectious Diseases in Children;Jul2009, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p29
The article reports on the creation of a transparency task force by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration aimed at improving communication with the public.
- FDA creates task force to better communicate with public. // Hem/Onc Today;6/25/2009, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p40
The article reports on the formation of a transparency task force by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to investigate how to improve communication with the public about its activities.
- FDA Transparency Plan Includes Online Chats. // BioWorld Today;1/15/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p6
This article reports on the launch by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) of the first phase of its Transparency Initiative during the week of January 15, 2010. Features of the agency's FDA Basic website include short videos describing agency activities and online web chat sessions....
- FDA Works to Become More Transparent. RUSSELL, JOHN // Bio-IT World;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p44
The article discusses the latest developments in the efforts by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to advance transparency in its operation as of March 2011. It cites the FDA-TRACK program that was launched in August 2010 that could provide such information as the agency's voluntary...
- The Bush-Obama Rx Shortages: Critical Cancer Drugs Are in Short Supply Thanks to Price Controls. // Journal of Hematology Oncology Pharmacy;Dec2011, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p40
The article comments on an executive order issued by U.S. President Barack Obama to counter the increasing shortage of anticancer drugs in the country. It suggests that the order will not be of much help because it does not address the problem of delays caused in the production of drugs due to...
- Caring about others: Drug shortages. Osborne, Carl A.; Nwaokorie, Eugene // DVM: The Newsmagazine of Veterinary Medicine;Jan2012, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p14
The article discusses the role of pharmacists and veterinarians in identifying drug shortages and protocols to minimize drug-related adverse events. As reported, a severe shortage of prescription drugs, including injectable anesthetic drugs, chemotherapy agents and antimicrobial drugs, is...
- As I See it. Dickinson, James G. // Medical Marketing & Media;Jun2007, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p16
The author reflects on the failure of Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to fully implement transparency in government in the U.S. According to the author, FDA's own performance continues to fall short of repeated promises to be more transparent about its drug decisions. The author also said...
- FDA proposes new drug information guidance. Dickinson, Cara; Silver, Samuel M.; Woosley, Raymond // Hem/Onc Today;3/10/2008, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p16
The article reports on the proposed guidance for the dissemination of information about unapproved uses of U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA)-approved drugs and devices. It highlights the terms under the draft proposal for "Good Reprint Practices." According to Randall Luther of the FDA, the...