California's Forest Service Imposes Cell Site Moratorium
- Conway Summit. Bledsoe, Lysbeth; Neill, William // Cortlandt Forum;12/20/97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p71
Features an essay which describes Conway Summit, an 8100-foot Sierra Nevada `foothill' in Central California's Toiyabe National Forest.
- Lake Tahoe Basin Federal Advisory Committee (LTFAC). Gibson, Nancy J. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;7/20/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 140, p42696
The article offers information on the meeting of the U.S. Forest Service's Lake Tahoe basin Federal Advisory Committee (LTFAC) to be held in South Lake Tahoe, California on August 9, 2012.
- The Quincy library group. Little, Jane Braxton // American Forests;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 101 Issue 1/2, p22
Reports on a proposed five-year experiment for three national forests in California. Achievement of healthy forests and healthy small-town economies; Forest management by a network of watersheds; Decision-making power for local leaders. INSET: MOFEP: Scoping.., by James P. Jackson..
- Appendix II: The Station Fire's Progression and Firefighting Assets Used over the Fire's First 9 Days, from August 26 through September 3, 2009. // GAO Reports;12/16/2011, Special section p65
Several maps are presented that illustrate the Station Fire's progression and firefighting assets used in addressing the wildland fire that hit the Angeles National Forest in California from August 26 to September 3, 2009.
- A MATRIX APPROACH TO FIRE PRESCRIPTION WRITING. Raybould, Steven; Roberts, Tom // Fire Management Today;Winter2006, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p79
Reprints the article "A Matrix Approach to Fire Prescription Writing," by Steven Raybould and Tom Roberts, which appeared in the 1983 issue of "Fire Management Notes." Elements included in fire prescription writing; Description of fire severity levels and corresponding fire behavior;...
- Paying favorites. McGivney, Annette // Backpacker;Oct98, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p16
Reports on allegations that rangers in White Mountain District of Inyo National Forest in California are restricting the number of backpackers while granting commercial horsepackers unlimited access. Decline of hiker quotas on White Mountain District trails; Remarks of former White Mountain...
- Printer Is Vital Part of Resort Upgrade. // Lodging Hospitality;9/15/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 13, p45
Describes the installation of TSP800 Series thermal printer at Lake Pillsbury Resort & Marina in Northern California's Mendocino National Forest. Details of how the printer works; Benefits gained by the resort.
- Slow Burn. Kerasote, Ted // Audubon;Mar2003, Vol. 105 Issue 1, p74
Deals with the salvage logging problem facing the Duncan Canyon Roadless Area in Tahoe National Forest, California. Range of forest plants and trees in the area; Extent of the fire that swept across the Tahoe National Forest in 2001; Issues surrounding the proposed salvage logging by helicopter...
- Why GAO Did This Study. // GAO Reports;12/16/2011, Special section p1
The article focuses on the investigation conducted by the Government Accountability Office (GAO) to evaluate the response the Department of Agriculture's Station Fire in the wildland fire that hit the National Forest in California on August 26, 2009.