3G Debate Intensifies
- Telia left out of Swedish UMTS tender. // RCR Wireless News;12/25/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 52, p10
Focuses on Sweden's National Post and Telecom Agency's dismissal of Telia's application for Universal Mobile Telecommunications System licenses.
- Icstis tightens guidelines for premium SMS services. // New Media Age;12/19/2002, p2
Reports on the launch of regulatory guidelines by Icstis that impacted the development of the premium rate short message service industry in Great Britain as of December 19, 2002. Goal of the proposals; Focus of the guidelines; Issue proposed by Icstis under the guidelines.
- Thailand's slow crawl to 3G. Ngamman, Jaruwan // Wireless Asia;Dec2001, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p10
Reports that efforts to develop third-generation (3G) mobile communication networks in Thailand are on hold pending the formation of the country's National Telecommunications Commission, which will allocate the remaining frequencies to interested companies. Absence of foreign players in the...
- Introduction of MNP suspended. // Latin America Telecom;Oct2013, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p13
The article reports on the postponement by Superintendencia General de Electricidad y Telecomunicaciones (SIGET), the telecommunications regulator of El Salvador, to the implementation of the mobile number portability (MNP) in the country.
- Portugal delays 3G start date. // RCR Wireless News;10/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p60
Announces that the Portugal government has delayed the date by which operators must launch commercial third-generation mobile services in the country until December 31, 2002. Key reason behind the move.
- India chooses technology-neutral policy. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;09/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p115
Reports on the Indian Telecommunications Commission's agreement to support a technology-neutral policy for the country, allowing Indian operators to adopt technologies other than Global System for Mobile communications technology. Details of the revised telecommunications policy; Indian...
- Questions, concerns remain on 3G spectrum policy. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;2/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p3
Reports on the uncertainty and controversy involved in the additional spectrum for third-generation mobile phone systems being secured by the mobile telephone industry in the United States.
- Thank you for playing our game. Keckler, D.A. // Mobile Radio Technology;Mar1998, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p4
Editorial. Comments on US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) actions affecting the mobile radio segment of the telecommunications industry in the United States. Dismissal of a petition requesting the FCC to cancel certain enhanced specialized mobile radio licenses held by Nextel...
- Ready or not, 3G license auctions are on the way. Donegan, Michelle // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jan2000, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p10
Reports on Great Britain's plan of auctioning third generation (3G) mobile licenses. Great Britain Radio Spectrum Agency's auctioning of the licenses; Auction's impact on competition; Use of the technology in Internet applications.